02-14-2020 03:46 PM
I generally avoid Best Buy as much as possible, but thought I'd give them another chance today utilizing their curbside pickup functionality today - I was completely disappointed and was just one more nail in the coffin of shopping with this retailer.
My feedback will be rather detailed as I work in ecommerce and feel there are many things lacking in this UX.
- Ordering online and selecting curbside was easy
- I got quite a number of emails, I cant remember if I placed 1 or 2 orders but it was a flurry after - order confirmed, partial order pickup, full order pickup
02-14-2020 03:52 PM
OK since it timed me out, i'll continue in this thread
- What is the use case for needed partial order pickup ready notifications? Am I really going to go to the store twice in the span of an hour or two? It creates way too many emails that are unnecessary
- The website said "look out for instructions on how to pickup curbside in your email"
- Email contained Button with CTA "how to curbside pickup", however, after forcing me too again sign in (!!), there were no instructions. I was pushed to your homepage and sale advertisements.
- So, having no clue how I'm supposed to notify you that i'm outside, I picked a parking spot and went inside
- Inside pickup was fine, but no apologies for not delivering curbside nor interest in why it was malfunctioning
- Then, after supplying me 7 items, including a TV and a Monitor, asked "do you need help outside?", which was obviously a 'yes'
- She rolled her eyes and said "fine, i'll walk with you to the curbside parking". When i replied that I was parked in a regular spot because curbside was not functioning she replied "oh well i cant help you then".
- On my way out of the store she asked one of the two security guards sitting there if someone could help me and they both replied no, so i just grabbed my stuff and did it alone
So to summarize, the extremely poor UX of this functionality led to a very rude in-store transaction.
Then, I'd like to leave feedback about this and am told I have to create an account seperate and apart from my best buy account (!!!WHAT). So I said fine and connected my facebook to which I was then forced into a generic account creation anyway (!!WHAT). to post this.
So again, the poor UX and lack of focus on the consumer is apparent. I'm so more than disappointed that in the handful of times i've given Best Buy a chance as a retailer it just continues to fail me. I dont see why I would try again in the future at this point.
02-15-2020 12:38 PM
Welcome to the Best Buy Community Forums!
I appreciate you taking the time to write us regarding your experience with our Curbside Pickup and at your local Best Buy store. We try to pride ourselves in ensuring we provide great customer service, each and every time. We also strive to keep our customer as informed as possible. I’d like to try and turn this around for you.
First, I am going to need some more details from you. Please, send me a private message with your order numbers, full name, phone number, and e-mail address. To send it, click on the blue button next to my signature. I look forward to your response.
02-15-2020 12:41 PM
@Deysha - With all due respect, why? There's no way to rectify this experience. Not like you're going to refund my products. What's the difference? Also, this forum made me register with my email address so I'm not sure how you can't easily find that, and since my orders are with the same email logic would assume you could find that in your CRM as well...
02-15-2020 01:02 PM