03-21-2019 05:27 PM
I received terrible customer service when I went to the Sterling, VA location to purchase a tablet. No one attended to my needs, so I had to politely-interrupt an employee gossip session. When I asked for someone who specialized in tablets, they sent me an "expert" who was completely-clueless. When I asked to speak with someone else, the employee looked offended, but politely told me that the employees (who were chit-chatting) on the other side of the store were the "experts." I was pretty much brushed-off by the other employees.
Several things are unacceptable in this scenario:
1. Employees should be doing their jobs.
2. Employees shouldn't act like i'm bothering them when I ultimately spent $400+ on a Samsung Tablet.
3. If an employee isn't an expert, i'm happy to wait for them to call another employee who is an expert - just don't lie to me and send someone just for the sake of sending someone.
4. Employees should be better-instructed on how to check inventory on the Best Buy app - I was told that there wasn't a new-in-box tablet and only refurbished ones were available. That wasn't the case, as the app said otherwise and I ultimately purchased the new-in-box tablet at that particular store.
5. The employees I encountered were rather lethargic and weren't at all excited to guide me through buying a tablet. How can you ask me what questions I have on tablets when i'm clueless of where to begin? It is your JOB to be the face of the company, to anticipate customer needs, and be polite throughout all interactions.
I thought Best Buy had turned itself around on customer service, but I was wrong
03-21-2019 06:11 PM
Welcome to the forum and thank you for connecting with us. I truly wish you had found us under better circumstances. It's great to hear you chose to visit our Sterling, VA store to purchase a Samsung tablet. I'm sure you were excited for this purchase, as you should be! My husband just purchased an iPad himself, and he was pretty ecstatic about it.
With that said, I imagine that the lackluster interaction with our staff at the location hampered your spirit quite a bit. We should be doing our best to ensure that each customer's experience is pleasant and courteous, and it sounds like may have missed the mark here. I would be delighted to ensure this is appropriately documented, so please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right corner of the page.
03-21-2019 06:55 PM
You're quite welcome! If you wish to respond privately to the message I've sent you, I would be happy to look further into this with you.