Add Product

Search Results:

Unhelpful geek squad experience

I made a computer repair appointment with geek squad for 10-10:20am, 11/25/2018 at the Eastvale, CA store on Limonite Ave. I wanted to figure out what was wrong with a desktop I had that wasn't posting mother board codes. The geek squad representative wouldn't tell me how much it would be to diagnose what was wrong, seemed like he tried to ward me off by saying it motherboard repairs could be 400 dollars, and was insulting when I was asking about the diagnostic services. They were rude and completely unhelpful.

All I wanted was to find out how much it would cost to determine all the issues that were wrong with my computer's hardware. I would figure this should be a first step for hardware repairs and I should be able to find out how much it will cost before I decide to participate.

This is my first experience with geek squad and if this kind of behavior is acceptable it will be my last.
Contributor

Re: Unhelpful geek squad experience

That's not really how geek squad works if I remember correctly. You pay a flat rate of 85$ and they send it out for repair and then they call you how much the parts will cost.

So do I have to know what's wrong before they can repair it? Do they offer no diagnostic services? I have a hardware issue for which I don't know the cause. Does that mean that geek squad is unable to help? 

Highlighted
Contributor

The 85$ covers labor and diagbostic, they send it out and will contact you with the parts cost and ask if you want it repaired or sent back if the parts are more then you want to spend.