Add Product

Search Results:

Toshiba Fire TV

I replaced my Mum's old RCA with the Toshiba Fire TV on July 20.

Right now, she doesn't use the Fire apps as I haven't had time to set it up for her. She only watches the Hallmark Channel Smiley Frustrated

Her tv is set to use hdmi3 for her cable input. Over the past couple off weeks, the tv swtiches off and I get a phone call from her asking me to tell her how to get it back to the cable input. This has happened enough now that I thinks she has the hang of it. The point is, why is the tv turning off??

I'm starting to think I have a duff unit. This tv is only 2 months old so how do I go about getting a replacement? Mum lives on her own and is a bit lost if the tv isn't on. I need to arrange for a replacement to take over and put on the wall mount and then bring the duff one back?

Topics: 1,525
Kudos: 744
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Re: Toshiba Fire TV

This might be a CEC HDMI input which affects the way you control your television. You can disable CEC in the settings menu on the TV. If you dont want this functionality you can switch it to another input.

She could also be accidentally pushing the wrong button too

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Re: Toshiba Fire TV

I'll look into the hdmi settings. As for the remote(s), they sit on the desk next to her chair so I doubt she's pushing a button.