Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Terrible service at Alpharetta,GA Geek Squad - sent us home with fire hazard!

Hello - we need some help from Corporate.  Please see the below note my husband sent to the management team at the Alpharetta, GA Best Buy location after they sent us home with a laptop they themselves described as a 'fire hazard' even thought it was an issue covered under the Geek Squad Protection Plan we purchased.  We need someone to either 1) come pick up this laptop and service it as agreed to with our Geek Squad Protection Plan or 2) provide us with a gift card for the total price of the laptop so we can purchase a replacement:

Hi - my wife spent $2800 purchasing a new Razer laptop and extended warranty (Geek Squad Protection Plan ID: 6253287*** [last three numbers removed for forum post]) from the North Point Parkway (Alpharetta, GA) BB less than 2 years ago using a new Best Buy credit card she also opened that day at the store.  She showed your store a lot of margin, credit card signup credit and extended warranty love that day knowing we wouldn't have issues if we brought this in.

The battery on her laptop, from no fault of her own, started swelling a few days ago to the point where it was unsafe to use the laptop.  We were told it was fully covered so we setup an appointment with the Geek Squad at the Alpharetta location - my wife drove there yesterday @ 4PM for her appointment, then sat in line for 20 minutes past her appointment time (during a pandemic, not happy she had to wait that long)...when she did get checked in, she was rudely told by the Geek Squad member (who wasn't wearing a name tag but she has a picture of the guy) that this was a major fire hazard but their sand crate was full so they couldn't take the laptop to repair it.

The agent then went into the back, handed the laptop back to my wife and told her she had to find another Best Buy to take it to.  She asked 'which Best Buy should I take it to then' - he said 'I don't know', didn't try to contact anyone and pushed her out with the 'fire hazard' that is evidently too hazardous to hold in your store but its OK to tell her to go drive around with it in her car to random Best Buys.  She has tried contacting your store, Perimeter and Woodstock but no one answers the phone - we just sit on hold for 45+ minutes.  We tried Corporate but they just put us into another transfer blackhole that ended in another dial tone.

I'm a former BB employee - if this was my store and my agent I'd be livid.  We need this fixed now.  Please include your regional management team on this email thread - I will be hunting for their email address as well and plastering this all over social media and corporate complaint lines until this gets fixed.  This is the wrong way to treat a customer, especially one that purchased a high margin warranty.

You can reach her at ********* (number removed for forum post) or reply to this email (she is CC'd), we're done sitting on hold for hours.  Please help us resolve this quickly, we just want the service we paid for and nothing more.  Thank you.

Re: Terrible service at Alpharetta,GA Geek Squad - sent us home with fire hazard!

The local Alpharetta location manager reached out to us today and was very apologetic for the issues we encountered.  He has offered to help resolve this for us, his response has exceeded our expectations.  Thank you Brad!  We will continue to be loyal Best Buy Alpharetta customers thanks to his help.