Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Terrible Customer Service/ Geek Squad Extended Warrantee Transfer Run Around for BC Senior

I and the previous owner of a laptop with a extended warrantee/Protection Plan have been trying to get Geek Squad including telephone customer service to register the transfer of the plan to me. I called the Geek Squad # before I bought it and was told original owner had to call them to tell them he'd sold it to me and give them my name. After I bought it he went to the Bestbuy store here in BC he bought the laptop from and was told  Protection plan wasn't transferrable even though the online terms and conditions referenced on the receipt say it is. I called Geek squad again and they again told me he has to call before it can be registered to me. I told him that and he has called and they tell him they have no record of the protection plan even though he gives them all the info they requested from his original bll of sale showing that he paid for a two year protection plan that is still in force including the 4 part key and sku for the plan purchased. Need help to get Bestbuy/Geek Squad to stop the runaround and to transfer extended Warranty/protection plan as allowed under Geek Squad online terms and conditions as referenced on the bill of sale from Bestbuy.

Valued Contributor

Re: Terrible Customer Service/ Geek Squad Extended Warrantee Transfer Run Around for BC Senior

The Canadian plans are not the same as the us plans. This forum is for us help only. You would need to contact best buy Canada. If the plan and laptop was purchased in the us, it may not be transferable to Canada as they are a different entity.

Re: Terrible Customer Service/ Geek Squad Extended Warrantee Transfer Run Around for BC Senior

Thanks for response. Laptop was purchased in BC (Caanada) as said in post. Would appreciate Bestbuy Canada contact info as trying Geek squad help number of no help.

Valued Contributor