Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

TCL 49” HDR 4K television

I purchased a TCL 49” 4K television back in September 2018 with geek squad coverage and now I’m having an issue with the screen having him lines and brightness problem on the left side of the television. I called geek squad who told me they do not cover the television for the first year because of the brand warranty. Being that I only have the coverage for a year what is the point of having the coverage? I went back to the local bestbuy and they are giving me the run around. I was told to see geek squad in store than I was told to call geek squad for an in home repair but when I call they say they do not cover the brand. As far as what the salesperson told me wen purchasing the television and the coverage was that any issues with the television I would be able to have it replaced no hassle but this is getting ridiculous.
Contributor

Re: TCL 49” HDR 4K television

Did you only get a 1 year geek squad plan? If yes then I agree with you, you should get a refund, if it was a 3 or 5 year plan then I don't think you should.
Here is how it works.
Within the manufacturers warranty for pretty much anything, that warranty is used for anything it would normally cover for a device. Generally you would never know it as geeksquad is the service provided for that device and just bills the manufacturer. Unfortunately the company that made that tv, tcl, will.not let best buy service their products, so for the first year you have to call tcl and use their warranty. After the first year geek squad can work on them, assuming you have a 3 or 5 year protection plan.

Re: TCL 49” HDR 4K television

My local Best Buy made it right by letting me exchange the television and replace it with a different model. So I’m pretty pleased as how the local manager handled the situation.