Add Product

Search Results:

Accepted Solution

Samsung repair fraud

I bought a Samsung S20 ultra from my local best buy store at the start of March this year and bought the best buy insurance plan to go with it thinking it would be of value should anything happen to my phone. Unfortunately my phone screen was cracked last week when my phone accidently fell out of my pocket.

I felt safe in the knowledge that I could utilize the insurance plan so booked a repair appointment online. My local best buy store in Fort Worth was showing as a Samsung repair center. I arrived promptly for the appointment only to be told that they dont repair Samsung products! I clarified with the customer service representative and she indeed stated that they are a Samsung repair center but that they just don't currently fix them. I advised them that they need to adjust this online as its deceiving and to prevent further issues. They told me that I would need to go to a store in Hurst as they could repair my phone. I advised the member of staff that the Hurst store is showing closed to repairs online so they then randomly plucked another store name out of the air as an option.

I went home and phoned the Geek squad customer service line and they made me another appointment for a store in Lake Worth assuring me that it was an official Samsung repair center. I again arrived promptly for the appointment only for the Geek squad member of staff to tell me that yes they are an official Samsung repair center but that currently they don't fix Samsung phones.

I feel that currently I have been paying a sum of money for 9 months for a protection plan that was fraudulently sold to me because Best Buy as a company is unable to fulfill there part of the agreement to repair my expensive product that is insured with them. None of the store staff are capable of fixing my product seem to be trained to do it despite being official Samsung repair centers.

I genuinely don't know how to move forward with this now as I am wasting my time and money driving to stores that should be able to repair my product according to your helpline and website but clearly aren't capable
Valued Contributor

Re: Samsung repair fraud

It's due to covid, there isn't anything they can do about it...

You could wait for samsung to reinstate the program when they feel it is safe or utilize the send the phone in for a replacement part of the plan (costs more)

Re: Samsung repair fraud

I have contacted the geek squad support team who have advised me that they do carry out repairs and wanted to schedule an appointment at the same store. It seems the best buy staff are not very well informed on the situation and the online advice is wrong. They have scheduled me an appointment at a 3rd store assuring me that they can carry out the repair. Either way they have a policy which they need to fulfill there obligation on. I was told its down to lack of training