Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Returning a defective TV

I purchased an Oled C7 Tv 7/17 and opted to get the "extended warranty". A 2 year service plan with geek squad support. The sales associate communicated several benifits of having this extended warranty. Such as item replacement.

Fast forward a year and a half later the TV is having a flickering defect. I called to have a geek squad rep sent for in home visit 12/11/2018. But on 12/10/2018 the Tv decided while adjusting the HDMI Arc cable it exploded in my hand (no injury) stinking up the whole room. So prior to my inhome visit I take the Tv in Store 12/10/2018.

Without the TV ever leaving my car and without viewing. The Geek squad support in store  processed the TVs condition, apperence and summerized the issue.  No one plugged in the tv to verify, no one viewed condition. I was only presented one option. Forfiet the TV for repair. without the TV ever being seen.

This situation escalated to manager decision in store as soon as the information was pulled. .Telling me the Tv is to big to do a store return its over 42 inches but its modest 55 inch. I see returned Tv's there of bigger sizes. The TV and warranty were over 3200$. The similar model is 1699.00 I dont know why im getting "handled" when i never even asked for that price didnt even get to ask for fair replacement as expected.( Not used Parts or a Huge inconvenece of a wait.) Im left thinking the procedure for My item would have been different if of lesser value but the warranty was a fraction of value so I paid my dues like any one with any other electronic.

While signing I had asked the representative on line 3. rebuilt replacement parts may be used in repairs, at which time he retorted not like actual replacement parts, all parts are "new" and not taken from other electronics. I told him this is far from what i was told when purchasing the warranty. This is obviously a recorded over the counter conversation were I had once agian felt decieved by the policy. But to have a representative like on my original sale verberally contradict or missrepresent a policy this kind of recording becomes Gold.

It was also commmunicated to me that a Taco Cart was not available at store. That shipping would be delayed. Now it dawns on me. This also means they have no way to store the tv prior to shipping. No  addiquate storage for that specific model. (glass bezel). The tv could be slightly or moderatly warped a huge concern that proper care is not taking place in its transition prior to even being shipped.

Looking forward,  my original expectations gone. Ive been lied to more than once. With no options on the table. Im told the tv will be shipped to Kentucky from Texas, The Tv will be serviced parts will be orded. Thats pending the arrival of a Taco cart from another store for the shipping.

I was represented at purchase, replacement not an estimate 2 week repair date OR USED PARTS

Can anything be done with this situation? Im not waiting 2+ weeks nor am i being lied to. Whats my resolution?

Re: Returning a defective TV

i just want to reiterate the TV will never reflect the actual serial number internally or GUI.  The usage hours of the Amoled will be unknown. My expectation to have acurate information for any future resale or to continue my appreciation of this product will be altered. Its like buying a car with with a "new" engine untracable and a faulty odometer. Im not happy about this situation. There is no way to remidy the multiple software descrepencys that I can think of off hand.  the result of repair oppose to not replace something of this value is rediculious.

Frequent Contributor

What do you actually want? You yourself delayed the entire process by taking it into the store. The stores are not equipped to handle tv's of that size. Now you will have to wait until they are shipped an appropriate shipping container just so they can ship the TV out for evaluation for repair or replace. If you would have waited for the tech to come the next day they would have ether ordered parts or submitted a request to replace it. The entire situation is of your own making.

I guess I was under the assumption I was taking to geek squad in store. A simple solution would have been to obviously refuse to take the TV in store and educate a customer. I complicated the situation ? In all of the terms and conditions and information I signed no were did it state the return procedure for defective equipment. It was at the managers discretion to even accept it as my scheduled appointment was next day... yeah I screwed up my TVs sitting on a shelf at best buy still and I doubt there is any urgency to have it shipped. I asked the geek sales associate if it was Easyer to take it in store to Beaumont to have the proper equipment to transport he told me no and ide happy drove there but he said they can just get from that store next day...
Frequent Contributor

They will take back defective tv's if they are in the 15 day return period, the gsp plans are an entirely different scenario.

So by "we" is ment as "they" and geek squad in store is not geek squad at all. Why couldn't you have "been there" when they accepted the TV.

I'm not to keen on legal writing all the disclaimer and what not but I'm about to take my issue to the BBB.

ALL this exceeds manufacturer warranty. I doubt the Lg puts b-STOCK parts or used parts in TV's. Allot of miss communication is on the stores behalf.

They take back TVs in that store and put a geek squad certified sticker on them to... so let's clarify who is certified to diagnose that TV for resale. I was under the assumption my retail store had a technical quality in store representative.
Frequent Contributor

I don't work forn them, and I agree with you, better communication solves so many problems Smiley Happy after the repair center recieves the tv, they will determin if it is repairable. Then They will ether notify you that they will replace the TV under your plan or they will fix it and send it back. As far as the parts go, in your original plan it does state they can replace with used like.new parts, I have never had any real problems from this. I've always assumed like new parts probably came from phsyically damaged prodcuts with no or little use rather then something that has been running for 2 years.

As a consumer you walk in the store you have your mind set on a TV you see a Geeksquad sticker on a used model and as a consumer beyond a reasonable doubt assume the certified sticker means someone of technical cert in consumer electronics has quality assured this product beyond a cosmetic level. Possibly checked dead pixels, the remote sensor etc. By that you would also assume it was a consideration to buy the product based on the representation of the sticker. When in fact no geek squad technician ever turned on the TV. Just to find out there are no certified technicians in store. At best, a best buy employee who's metrics were good and they gave him a geek squad t shirt. This employee may have turned on said electronic but spent literally no time past a customer demonstration of any defect. In this scenario which is reality the consumer should at least be urged to prior to purchase quality assure the product themself but this customer doesn't transcend to the because the cert sticker. So my assumption to bring the TV to the store was based off a basic level of previous understanding of geek squad.

I just wanted to reply, the process concluded my TV defective beyond repair. The experience with geek squad at my local store was completely different. I did intentionally go on a different shift. So in review the process took 4 days, the squad member I spoke with had a understanding of consumer electronics and I felt that he advocated for the customer in his decision to comp the return and find comparable replacement.