Add Product

Search Results:

Re: My 5 Year Geek Squad Protection plan was cancelled after a 2nd Repair....Why?

The general protection plan states in the contract that 3 repairs be made and if the 4th one cannot solve it. It's then considered a "lemon product" and a full refund or equivalent replacement to be made.

So this "cancelling" the plan after 2 repairs for this customer (original poster) and it's still not working and it's "fullfilled" is not correct. Not according to "Terms and services" for the "contract" of the plan.

It is only considered fullfilled after the full term is up, or a suitable replacement or refund (store credit, gift card) for the same amount as the purchase including taxes. That is if the product cannot be fixed.

So what is going on.  Do I even dare get a Geek Squad protection plan (costing over $600 for my planned TV purchase) and expect it to be fullfilled according to contract?

Kind of makes me worried to do business with Best Buy and their extended Geek Squad protection plans.

Valued Contributor

Re: My 5 Year Geek Squad Protection plan was cancelled after a 2nd Repair....Why?

The plans are worth it if you read all the fine print and follow the rules. For example the person above could have benefitted from the fact the each repair has a 30 day warranty in itself. So even if there warranty was 'fullfilled' because it exceeds the dollar amount covered they could have had the original repair redone if it failed again in 30 days.

I hope that they fullfill the terms. I just ordered an LG CX 65" and 4 year protection plan. Just for that extra security in case something goes wrong or burn-in or several dead pixels happen.

Seems like a nice warranty, although costly.

Maybe that person cancelled the plan themselves since that can be done.

Valued Contributor

TV's seem about as durable as wet toilet paper, getting a gsp on a tv is always wise. Thier only plans that seem to be of questionable value are the cell phone insurance ones. The carriers insurance seems better in my opinion.

Yeah, some TV's are pretty bad for longevity. Some can hold up for a decade.

I know OLED have a big risk of burn-in, hence the extended warranty. But otherwise the TV should last a while unless it has an inherent flaw in the electronics or power supply etc. But that's what the plan and repairs are for.

I am hoping nothing happens during the 4 years, but if it does, at least I am protected.

I know it's costly and I wouldn't get full 4 years plan for a TV that isn't an OLED.

That said I would be fine if I can squeeze out 4-6 years out of it. By then I likely would have moved on to another TV.