09-14-2021 06:34 PM
I was also quoted at 2-3 weeks. Really seems like your Geek Squad in-store staff are lying to customers, and I'm already upset because I absolutely never would have gotten the protection plan had the salesperson had been honest about the time
09-14-2021 07:15 PM
I was also, then, given an incorrect estimate @jdogg836,. I'm also pretty concerned about that, as at best this tells me the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. My device is currently in transit to the Service Center and I am so concerned by what I'm reading here and elsewhere I am asking that my device be returned immediately upon its arrival at the Service center.
09-15-2021 04:17 PM
Good afternoon, Kbrowne,
Welcome to our forums, albeit under such unfortunate circumstances. Regardless of the item, we hope our Geek Squad will be able to repair our customer’s devices as quickly as possible, and make sure they’re returned in a timely manner. It’s disappointing to hear the repair process may be taking a bit longer than we’d typically expect, but I’ll be happy to take a closer look into this repair, and offer any additional assistance I can.
For me to get started, I’ll ask that you send me a private message with the following information:
As you can imagine, we don’t want you posting this private information on our public forums, so be sure to use the blue “Private Message” button in my signature to get this sent my way. If you’re accessing our site on a mobile device, you may need to switch to “Full” or “Desktop” view before this button is visible to you.
Hope to hear from you soon,
I decided to just go back to the store location in West Hollywood and see if I could have my repair cancelled and just immediately sent back to me. The staff who received me and the manager there were very patient and understanding with me, understood my concern, and agreed to do as I asked. (I made every effort to say I wasn't mad at them, and emphasized I wasn't blaming anyone in particular, but nonetheless I fear I put them on edge).
They notified me the next day that the order had been received earlier than expected, had already was in the middle of service when they made the request, and was slated to be finished by that afternoon. By the time I received the message I had assumed that process was now done so I told them I understood, obviously, that my concern was now moot and that the order should be completed as originally sent out for. The return has also been seamless.
While in retrospect I wish I had given the process a chance to work itself out, I should stress my concern and wish to cancel the order was rooted in the certainty of that online support staff that a 2-3 week quote was not realistic, not that quote could be expected but potentially longer. It was the sheer lack of overlap in estimates that was at the root of my concern and why I thought it best to go and ask if the repair could be simply cancelled.
TL;DR: The issue effectively resolved itself, though I would ask that whoever is coordinating or making these estimates get customer-facing staff on the same page because as it stands it would appear they are being set up to fail.