Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Lenovo 910 Yoga--No Lemon policy

Hello. This is the first time I've encountered this board and I'm hoping it'll be helpful.

My Lenovo Yoga 910 is out of standard warranty but is still covered by the Geek Squad for an additional two years beyond the one year warranty. It is currently in its second year and has been sent out for repair four times now in the last four months. According to the Geek Squad No Lemon policy, wherein a machine that requires four major repairs is considered a lemon, it should be replaced, not repaired. It has been sent out for the same issue---the computer switches between battery and A/C power when first started up and when waking from sleep. Sometimes it does this for ten-fifteen minutes, sometimes only five. But it always happens. And no matter when I get it back, I have the same problem.

The motherboard has been replaced. The charging port has been replaced twice. The power cord has been replaced twice. At this rate, I believe I am entitled to a new machine or at least a replacement machine. This is beyond ridiculous. 

I contacted Geek Squad to discuss this with them and they said that it was up to the store. The store claims it's up to the repair center. I honestly don't care who makes the decision, but that they're repairing it instead of contacting me for a replacement is unacceptable. Or does Best Buy no longer honor its own policies? 

Re: Lenovo 910 Yoga--No Lemon policy

One more thing. If I receive the computer back again and this same issue transpires, as I have no doubt that it will, I'm contacting the BBB. This is a violation of Best Buy's own policies and therefore should be investigated. 

The store in question is in East Hanover, NJ, if it makes any difference. 

Re: Lenovo 910 Yoga--No Lemon policy

Finally, Best Buy realized what was going on and junked the computer. I have a new replacement computer. Smiley Happy I'm happy...but also cautious and hoping I won't need the 3 year warranty. XD