Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Geek squad coverage question

Hi, I have a serious question about the Geek squad “GSP Plan” for a large expensive tv purchased from Best Buy on 01/02/2016. I need to renew the plan again tonight but cannot seem to get a straight answer on the subject of my coverage after spending the day researching & talking to both Best Buy & Geek Squad! I’m trying to see if it’s worth renewing for the fourth year. My plan “does not” have an “R” for replace, after GSP on my receipt as it is my understanding when I read the explanation in writing of this plan. Yet, I have two conflicting answers when I approach Best Buy & Geek Squad, I am unsure what the deal is. If anyone can Please clarify this for me I would be grateful. Thanks

Best Buy Employee

Re: Geek squad coverage question

What's the conflicting information you're getting and the info in writing is that the terms and conditions ?

***Please be advised that while I am an employee of Best Buy, I am here on my own time just like yourself. I am here simply to offer insight and information from a regular employee point of view. My comments are my own and not representative of Best Buy Co., Inc. I AM NOT A FORUM MODERATOR; therefore, I cannot look in to order/account information. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you in order to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

I wanted to know if I buy the extended fourth year of my 2Yr GSP plan, that if I have anything that happens with my coverage that they cannot fix I will get credit for the $1754. The cost of the tv or a replacement of equal value. I’m told Yes & No depends who I’m talking to!

Best Buy Employee

Thanks for clarifying. If I may ask, today or then how much would you sell that tv for? Am sure not 1754. So if at some point your plan gets fulfilled the current market value will apply. I would still encourage you to take advantage of the renewal offer since take an example if your tv breaks without one, then you start all over paying for everything.

All the best!

***Please be advised that while I am an employee of Best Buy, I am here on my own time just like yourself. I am here simply to offer insight and information from a regular employee point of view. My comments are my own and not representative of Best Buy Co., Inc. I AM NOT A FORUM MODERATOR; therefore, I cannot look in to order/account information. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you in order to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Best Buy Employee

Just to add, you can read the terms and conditions here, section 12.

https://www.bestbuy.com/usw/termsconditions/anonymous