Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Formal Complaint

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Let me just start by saying I have been a loyal Best Buy customer for years. That said, I am so incredibly frustrated and disappointed by the way I've been treated recently. 

I bought my parents a brand new 55" Samsung Smart TV for Christmas last year. It worked great until about mid-October of this year when it stopped powering on. I bought the two-year protection plan from Geek Squad, thinking I would be covered. I could not have been more mistaken. 

I set up an appointment for a tech to come and repair the TV. I gave them the exact serial and model number of the television, and I was told that with this information, the Geek Squad technician would arrive with the parts they needed to attempt to fix the television. On the day of the service appointment, they did not arrive with any parts and instead told us we would have to reschedule for the following week so they could come back with the right parts. 

Fast forward a week, a second team of technicians comes to fix the TV. They don't have the right parts either. They tell me we need to reschedule again, only this time it would be a week and a half. 

Fast forward again. It has now been over a month since this process started. The third technician arrives with the right parts, replaces the power module, puts the TV back on its stand and turns it on. Except now it has a cracked screen. Not entirely sure how that happened, as neither myself or the previous techs noticed a cracked screen prior to this appointment. Now they have to replace the television. 

I call Geek squad to set up a replacement. Get it scheduled for November 15th. November 15th comes, and now they tell me they can't deliver it because there was a "delay with the transfer". I spent the next 4 hours on the phone trying to get someone to help me, by either giving me another option for picking up a TV in my local store, or get some sort of refund. I got absolutely nowhere on the phone. I was hung up on twice (even though I was being calm and polite), and transferred multiple times before I found an agent who tried to actually help me. Once she gave me the number I thought would get me through to whoever I needed to speak to, I hung up the phone and called the number she gave me, only to find out they were closed for the day. 

It was rescheduled to be dropped off on the 24th, then delayed again to the 29th, and again today, I received a call telling me it would be delayed AGAIN until the 3rd of December, all because of this "transfer delay". Meanwhile, my parents have been without a TV for over a month and a half. 

This has unequivocally been the worst customer service experience of my life. I am turning to the community forums to try and see if someone can help me get a refund at this point. I just want my money back so I can buy my parents the TV they've been waiting on for far too long now. I am at my wit's end. Once this is over with, I can promise I will never be shopping at Best Buy again. 

Sincerely disappointed,

-Dana {removed per forum guidelines}