Add Product

Search Results:

File a formal complaint

While we were out last evening, our LG 55 inch Smart TV legs broke, causing our TV to fall off the stand. We came home to the TV face down on the floor. The TV turns on, but the screen is definitely damaged with lines and cracks all over the place. No problem, we thought, we bought the protection plan. We took the TV to Best Buy, expecting to exchange the TV or get a refund. Not even close. The customer service team member told us we needed to call Geek Squad, they could do nothing for us in store. Okay...came home. Got on hold with Geek Squad--ONE HOUR LATER, someone picked up our call. After being accused of breaking the TV ourselves, we were passed from the original Best Buy customer service rep, to another with Geek Squad, who proceeded to tell us that the legs breaking, causing the TV to no longer work is not covered. Is the hardware of the TV not part of the TV? THAT customer service rep then passed us to LG, who gave us the name and contact information of two people we could call here locally "if we wanted to" to see if it really was a manufacturing issue, our just plain 'our problem.' WHAT?! We spent all that time on hold for NO REASON? We could've looked that up ourselves. At this point, we're furious and exhausted. We've given up hope that we will be compensated for a FAULTY TV...we would LOVE to at least be refunded for the five year protection plan that turned out to be worthless. After making many large purchases, HAPPILY, at Best Buy over the years (countless TVs, laptops, a fridge, washer and dryer), we are officially no longer customers. We will move our business to Costco where the return and exchange policy is infinitely better. In this day and age, customer experience is critical...Best Buy, you're moving in the wrong direction in that regard. There's just too much GOOD competition out there. 

Re: File a formal complaint

I’ve yet to receive a response on this inquiry, and tried calling Customer Service in three separate occasions to speak with someone, only to be put on hold for long lengths of time. I’ve been unable to actually speak with someone who can help resolve my problem, or take my formal complaint. I’ve now submitted my complaint and request for refund to the BBB.