Add Product

Search Results:

Defective Product

I purchased an Open Box ASUS laptop on July 5 of this year.  From the start, it crashed constantly.  We tried updating it but that didn't work.  I tried contacting Geek Squad and they weren't helpful.  Stupidly, I figured we could somehow fix the issue and didn't return it due to living almost 3 hours away from the nearest Best Buy and being in the process of moving across California.  Once I moved, I tried tech support again; my laptop was remotely accessed and "fixed".  It still crashed.  I finally took the laptop into the nearest Best Buy (which is 1.5 hours away from my current location).  They were very rude and unhelpful.  They said I have to purchase Total Tech Support, which is more than the computer is worth.  They said it is a software issue-which would be Best Buy's fault since this laptop has never worked.  

When I purchased the laptop, I was told there was still an active manufacturer's warranty for 3 years.  I have been in contact with ASUS; they instructed me to perform a total factory reset, which I did.  It crashed right away after Windows installed.  They said I could send it to them for a $60 diagnotistic fee and $380 to fix the problem.  Apparently the warranty ended on July 1 of this year.  So, I was sold a used computer and was told there was an active warranty, when, in fact, the warranty had expired before I purchased it.  That is a blatant lie from Best Buy.

This is Best Buy's problem and I should be able to return it for the full amount.  I have never been able to use it, but, due to life, I was unable to return it soon enough.  I will certainly not be returning to Best Buy, nor will my family.  I honestly belieive Best Buy offeres Total Tech Support because they know their merchandise will need it.  

Re: Defective Product

I apologize, I didn't proofread enough.
*offers, not offeres
Contributor

Call geeks quad back. Specifically mention the following. "I purchased and open box laptop in july, Asus is refusing to honor the warranty because it is.open box. Can you look at it under warranty?" They often will then see what they can do.

Thanks, I will try to call them again. 

Highlighted

I tried calling but to no avail.  Again, I was told to purchase Total Tech Support.  Of course, I figured there was no way I could get the solution I SHOULD get, which is to return the device for a full refund.  Best Buy's return policy is terrible.  I read that a woman purchased a camcorder for her granddaughter, who sadly passed away.  The woman could not return the unused camcorder after 15 days and the reply from the blog moderator was sickening.  So, I definitely knew I would not have a chance, even after being told the computer had a valid warranty, when in fact it did not.  

I guess I will try to sell the computer to some tech person who feels confident with fixing junk.