Add Product

Search Results:

Customer Service Experience

[ Edited ]

Is there an email for customer service experience? I had a poor experience today.

I purchased an HP Spectre x360 about a year ago. Apparently, Best Buy purchased it in April of 2017, so the warranty is expired. I am very frustrated about my experience with Best Buy Customer Support. I called about an issue with my charger. After many months of working perfectly, I plugged in the charger last night and it would not charge. There was no damage, no wear, and tear, the charger is still in great condition. I plugged a friend’s HP chord into my computer and it works perfectly, so the problem is with the chord. I was on hold for 45 minutes and then the customer support staff who helped me offered no solutions, told me he would send me a replacement, then told me he could not because the laptop was more than a year old (which I did not know). That was frustrating to be told I would get a replacement only to be told I would not. They then told me it would be $75 for a new charger. This was frustrating because the charger stopped working with absolutely no reason. The customer support staff told me that this was impossible. It was frustrating to be told I was lying. Overall, I had an absolutely horrible customer experience and I am very frustrated with HP products. I have always purchased HP (this is the 4th computer that I have purchased) and it was frustrating to purchase a $1500 (the most expensive yet) computer, have it break, and have absolutely no help from support staff. Customer support did not give me any suggestions or advice. 

Thanks,

Andrew {removed per forum guidelines}

Contributor

Re: Customer Service Experience

I'm confused, you called Best Buy support, did you have a best buy service plan? The warranty would start based on your receipts purchase date, if it's under a year, you should Call HP as they are the ones warranting it. Unless you purchased it as an open box?
Contributor

Also I forgot to mention. Those newer style small barrel HP chargers have a super tiny pin in the middle of the barrel that is easy to bend. If its bent you can try and bend it back with a tooth pick. (Unplug the charger from the wall first). Be careful if you bend it too.much it will break off.

I did have the Best Buy Service plan but because it was an open box, I guess the warranty expired when it was purchased not when I purchased it. Thanks for the help, but it is a USB-C charger and I dont beleive it has a pin in it. Do you know why else it might not be working? Thanks again for the help

Highlighted
Contributor

It only has a USB-C charger? Not also a charging port? If it is USB-C just order a 65 watt (3.6ishamp) or 90 watt (4.somthing amp) off Amazon, they are universal and only around 30$... look on your old charger for the amps or watts to tell which one. Probably the 65 watt. What model is the laptop? I thought HP had a regular charging port an everything still except some of the super cheap cloud books. Best buy probably stocks some also.