Add Product

Search Results:

BEST BUY LIES, GEEK SQUAD COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. BEST BUY DEAD TO ME

I bought a LG B6P 55" Jan 2017 and got a 2 year extended Geek Squad warranty at the time of purpase. The sales person stated that the Geek Squad warranty would cover "everything" (aside from phycial damage). I specifically asked about the known Burn In issue. The sales person clearly stated that it would be covered under the Extended Geek Squad warranty.

Sure enough, my TV developed a burn in issue despite trying to take very good care of it. I called the Geek Squad number and told the person exactly that, "I have a burn in issue with the tv". He stated no worries we'll send someone out to take a look at the tv.

The tech arrived and I showed him the problem. Within less then 60 seconds he stated that Geek Squad does not cover "image retention". I asked what is the difference between image retention and burn in. His response made no sense to me, stating that OLEDs dont get burn ins only LED/LCDs do. If you do the minimalist search, there are millions of cite that site OLEDs have a known burn in issue. 

The Geek Squad tech and his supervisor could not offer any solution of any sort.

(also weirdly, the tech felt it was appropirate to wonder into my bedroom when attampting to call his supervisor, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL)

I have spent a good amount of money with this company and its safe to say I will never buy from Best Buy again. I will advise everyone and anyone to not buy from these liers again.