Add Product

Search Results:

Acer came back from geek squad broke

I brought in my Acer Nitro AN515-53 to a best buy here in Phoenix Arizona because it was dropped and a chip came off the top. It was under warranty, and cutting close to the end of it so I was happy that GeekSquad took it in and got it back to me as fast as they did.

I picked it up on the 15th, and at first I was happy to see it working. Then I noticed it wasn't holding a charge. I kind of put it off as the battery having been dead when I dropped it off. However the battery wont charge now beyond 77% and computer keeps disconnecting the charger and reconnecting it! It has never done this before! I am beyond upset, to drop off a computer I was told they would check over completely only to get it back with more problems than it did after I dropped it! And now the warranty is expired, and as a full time student it's going to be impossible for me to get it fixed and it's only a year old so it ridiculous that i may need to get a new one!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Acer came back from geek squad broke

I have a nitro 5, it has a battery reset hole on the bottom that you push a paper clip into. Have you tried that?

Re: Acer came back from geek squad broke

Yep! I was trying to troubleshoot and fix it at home. On the of the first things I did