Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

A birthday request

On July l4th, 2019, I purchased the MSI GS75 Stealth laptop from best buy. about two months later, the right side hinge began to deform the right side of the laptop and the screen. This is due to a manufacturing defect where the hinge was not properlly assembled and is pulling the screen apart. All functionality is still 100 percent however the issue has been getting worse since. Soon after I noticed what was happening, I contacted best buy to take in my laptop which I did do. At the store, I was told that Best Buy did not have the capabilities to repair my laptop which I was not pleased about. I was told that I needed to send the laptop back to the manufacturer which could have take up to 4 weeks and cost me shipping and repair costs. I did not do this as I was going to college and couldn't afford to not possess the laptop in school. 

Highlighted

Re: A birthday request

Contiued: Today is my 19th birthday and I thought I would give it a shot. Could I bring in my laptop to a store to replace it with a new and non defective product. I believe that this is fair given that again, I was sold a defective product from your store. Thank you and I am looking forward to your response.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

They have a 15 day return policy and you have far surpassed that. Unless you purchased an extended warranty you would need to continue dealing with the manufacturer.
Highlighted
Contributor

The point of the Geek Squad Protection to id make your life easier if an issue like this occurs. Because you didn’t do that, you need to work with MSI directly. MSI made the decision to not allow work on their units outside them. It is something that should be kept in mind when making a purchase.