Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

Revive Gamers Club Unlocked!

by Thetanaman on ‎05-18-2018 10:01 PM

To whom it may concern,

I think I speak for thousands of Best Buy employees and customers across the United States/Canada who depend upon Best Buy for our gaming necessities. As a best buy employee I even found enthusiasm in offering Gamers Club Unlocked to my customers. We as a community of enthusiasts implore Best Buy to re-institute Gamers Club Unlocked or an updated membership with similar benefits. Without this membership to unite gamers to Best Buy, I see no link to keep gaming customers purchasing from Best Buy. Thank you.

I merged all of these ideas into the first idea on this since they were all one version of the same idea of bringing back the Gamers Club Unlocked program in one way or another. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. At this time we will not be bringing back our Gamers Club Unlocked program. Current members can continue to receive their benefits until their membership expires.

Comments
by vaan285
on ‎08-12-2018 04:29 PM

Not sure why this has ended but its pretty upsetting to say the least as this was one of their major perks that kept me at Best Buy for gaming.  Could we get a valid reason as to why Best Buy cancelled this program?  This should be brought back right away as this kept the edge on competition and where customers purchased games.  $30 was a steal to join but i did see someone comment on “charge more for the program”! I could not agree more, it’s unfortunate that I may need to shop at GameStop for gaming again, thanks and see ya Best Buy

by EricaDellaposta
on ‎09-27-2019 11:21 PM

So I didn’t realize this until my cousin told me. There is no reason for me to shop at Best Buy once my discount ends. I will have zero reason to shop st Best Buy. I’ve had it maybe for 6-8 years, I don’t remember the exact. Honestly Best Buy will have to lose a ton of money which they probably already have. Mine ends dec 8 or 9th. I have been a long time game buyer, will be taking my business elsewhere. 

Honestly once they lose enough of people and money maybe they will bring it back. 

by gongbinsheng
on ‎10-03-2019 11:11 AM

I didn't know that the GCU program has been canceled until I was trying to renew it today. I like the GCU so much and it does save me money. I actually pre-ordered many nintendo games and to pick up games at BestBuy store is one of the most important reason I went to the store and look around to see if any products I was intertested to buy. Without the program, I have no reason to purchase game with BestBuy and of cause I will go to the local store much less. I knew that the program may be abused. I would say that maybe BestBuy can limit the number of ordering the same game per platform per year to prevent the abuse and bring the beloved GCU program back.

by Whodeini
on ‎11-23-2019 10:07 PM

Between losing gcu and this years early access Black Friday letdown I don't really have a reason to shop at bestbuy anymore. 

by bryansanders22
on ‎11-25-2019 02:34 PM

I fell the same way Whodeini. 

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums. The Insignia and Rocketfish communities have been merged into this forum, please click on the links directly below in our Community Browser area to access our Insignia and Rocketfish boards! Rocketfish and Insignia can be found under our Best Buy Brands boards.
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels