Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

Offer release day shipping for pre-ordered games

by tmrendo on ‎03-11-2014 08:48 AM

Best Buy really needs to be more competetive here. Think about it; "Get the best new games... a day or two after you would get it from any other retailer!"

How does that sound from a marketing stand point?  Currently this is what Best Buy is doing. These games are typically in your warehouses at least a week before release and yet even for Elite Plus members you aren't shipping till late Monday afternoon for Tuesday releases (I recently posted in the gaming forum about issues of Best Buy not even shipping expedited for Elite Plus members who have chosed it as well).  

Even if this was only an additional "perk" to being a Gamer's Club Unlocked member (paid membership), this is something that Best Buy should be looking into to significantly improve their standing compared to other retailers. 

Thanks for your thoughts on this, and I would like to hear from other customers if they have any thoughts on this idea. I can tell you that when we can ship a new product out is not always a decision that is ours to make.
Comments
by
on ‎08-01-2014 12:02 AM
@Portman, what about people with no car at all or no local BB either. One of the things killing BB/GCU is not being able to join GCU online then they could use shipping too.
by oicyu8chu
on ‎08-17-2014 02:20 PM

For those like myself who live in large metropolitan areas such as New York City, it'd be great if Best Buy can allocate more stock to their larger or busier stores so that those who do live near one can have the option to pick it up and not have it be shipped. I rather pick it up, but the option is gone when store pickup is unavailable but the game is still available to be preordered from BestBuy.com. Whoever handles the inventory can mitigate this inefficiency by just giving more stock to a store once their in-store stock is all preordered.

by L0bStAmObSta2
on ‎08-17-2014 06:18 PM

I would like to see this for example call of advanced warfare atlas editions are not available for store pickup so having released day delivery would be nice. Maybe included released day delivery with GCU.

by Seither2k
on ‎08-17-2014 09:07 PM

I completely agree---Best Buy has to get more competitive with release date deliveries. Here is a great example of how much it affects sales---though this is just my personal story and doesn't mean too much. I have a $100 gift card to Best Buy, and went to purchase Diablo 3 for PS4 to play with my brother on Tuesday. But I noticed no same day delivery, and now unfortunately I'm going to have to buy from Amazon or Gamestop. I wish I didn't have to spend more money, but my brother and I don't get to play a lot of games together. And I don't want to have to wait a day, or two, or three.

by mkivsuptt
on ‎03-20-2015 04:38 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I definitely agree, Best Buy needs to offer release date delivery.  With the only option for the MGS V: Phantom Pain Collector's Edition being for ship-to-home and no option to do in-store pickup, then there needs to be some kind of option for release date delivery.

by cog2010
on ‎10-29-2015 10:05 AM

Same as above, I almost always preorder at gamestop to pick up in store because it's closer to home or pick up at BB. The issue was when I tried to preorder the Pip Boy Edition of Fallout 4, NO ONE had it for local pickup. In fact BB was the only one to have the preorder open on the day after the announcement was made. But now I will have to wait to play because it will ship, at best, the day before, meaning instead of getting the game 11/10, it will likely be 11/12 or later.

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums. The Insignia and Rocketfish communities have been merged into this forum, please click on the links directly below in our Community Browser area to access our Insignia and Rocketfish boards! Rocketfish and Insignia can be found under our Best Buy Brands boards.
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels