Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

Gamers Club Unlocked- purchase limit changed to annually

by on ‎04-30-2014 12:56 PM
I love my gamers club unlocked account but I do not agree with the purchase limit of 3 copies of each title. I think that there should be a annual purchase limit of 3 per title per year and not not a permanent limit. Let's say you bought a multiplatform game such as Tomb Raider or Boarderlands. You may buy a copy for your xbox and ps3 then the inevitable Game of the year edition or &quot;definitive edition&quot; comes out for the next gen consoles or they release a handheld version of the game (Boardlands 2 is being released for the vita almost 2 years after it was released on the other systems. There are several more example Rayman Legends and Batman Arkham Origins are perfect examples. Batman still has a Wii U version that is supposed to be coming out but some people may have already played the game on three other systems so they won't get to enjoy the game on the wii u.<br>I am not saying that you are going to buy all these titles on day one but when the game goes on sale or a year or two down the road you pick it up during a Black Friday sale and then best buy closes your account? I think the limit should either be 3 per console per year (same as the video game trade in limit) or the limit should reset annually.

Thanks for all the input on this idea. We have made the following changes to our Gamers Club Unlocked Memberships.

The limits for using your Unlocked membership will be three copies of a New (i.e. not pre owned) gaming software title per platform, per year. Collector’s and Limited Editions count toward that title limit. Game of the Year editions, usually released much later including additional content do not count toward that limit but would essentially start as a separate game and limit.

Comments
by
on ‎08-06-2014 04:33 PM

This is the best news I have heard all year Smiley Happy

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums. Due to high incoming post volume, our current response time is 3-4 days. Please review floated posts and solutions posted, as this may assist you in answering your concerns. For more immediate assistance, please contact us at (888) 237-8289. We do not have any information as to when more PS5 or Xbox Series X/S pre-orders will be available.
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels