Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

@Gamer Welcome kits/coupon packs should be avail. in-store

by on ‎05-05-2012 01:28 PM

Because of how long it has been taking to recieve these coupon packs & most people are trying to time the coupons with the right sale BB should have them avail. in-store for purchase when you become unlocked. Cross promote the coupons along with the weekly ad & make sure your game reps are aware that way unlocked memberships will increase as a result of the exposure. If a person can make use of the program on day 1 when spending $15 upfront then the chances of them joining increase.

If BB were to sponsor special coupons packs that would also be avail. in-store this would generate instant revenue from the sponsers, increased sales & increase unlocked memberships as well.

Make it so BB make it so.

I'm changing this one to Acknowledged since it isn't really relevant any longer. These welcome kits are no provided digitally when a Reward Zone member signs up to be a Gamers Club Unlocked member.
Comments
by
on ‎06-08-2012 03:56 PM

Would like to see this implemented in some way besides snail mail. Whether it be email, available in-store when you purchase the membership, or a choice between the two. Certainly would be an incentive for some to purchase the membership if they know that they could be getting great coupons up front like this, and not counting the magazine itself.

by
on ‎06-08-2012 07:35 PM

Hi Alan, I recently signed up for the Gamerzone Unlocked program and my timing could have been better.  I was at store #135 to trade in a few games for the great promo and it turned out that the computers for their trade-in kiosk were down; I decided to get the sign-up out of the way since I was there already and had the time to do so (mistakes happen and the guys who helped were cool, so no complaints here).  This was also the day before the June @Gamer issue's coupons became valid...

Hence, I can see the potential advantage in having access to these "Welcome Kits" (I'm not even sure what's in them) ready for customers the moment they sign up -- but I also don't think it's crucial.  

Printing them from home, via email delivery, would also be an interesting feature as I could have used them the following day when I returned to complete my trade-ins.

by
on ‎06-08-2012 07:37 PM

Correction (because I can't edit): the computers were working, it was the trade-in system software that was bugging out.

by
on ‎06-09-2012 01:01 PM

These definitely should be available in store.  Besides enticing customers upfront for sign-ups, these are WELCOME packets- not congrats you've been a member for 2-3 months packets.  Between the welcome packets and the delay in receiving your first magazine issue, I held off on signing up for a couple of months.  Finally gave in yesterday but would've definitely signed up sooner if I knew there wouldn't be a delay in such simple things.

by
on ‎06-12-2012 02:12 AM

We also need access to house coupons in the event that our mag isn't received in time. Just confirm we're unlocked & scan away.

by
on ‎06-12-2012 09:32 AM

I completely agree with enuf, welcome packets should be in-store and it shouldn't take 6-8 weeks to get the @gamer magazine/welcome packet, that's kinda ridiculous in this day and age, how long does it take to get a subscription going?  (I'm not even sure what else is in this welcome packet).

by
on ‎06-12-2012 09:41 AM

As much as I agree with y'all, the reason why it probably takes so long is because the subscriptions still fall under the return policy.  They're probably trying to make sure people can't just get instant gratification through coupons and then turn around to cancel their sub.  That's how it works with reward zone points and the return policy at least.

by
on ‎06-12-2012 11:26 AM

jasonredemption

The welcome kits have 4 coupons

b2g1 $40 new games or less

same as above but on used titles

50% off strategy guide

And a I believe a 50% off digital game coupon

since the 2nd coupon is for used games it would also make sense that BB allow coupon use online since the stock/selection of used games can be so varied from store to store.

by
on ‎06-19-2012 04:02 PM

Since we joined last month, and still have not had our welcome pacjage arrive yet with the coupons, I have to agree with this idea.. or worse case, send the welcome packets to the stores where the subscription was purchased for in store pickup.

Since in store pickup already exists, this could just be built into that same system, and instead of 2 months, we'd have our welcome packages arrrive within a week, and we'd get an email that it was ready for pickup, giving us anothr reason to visit the store again, and another shopping oppertunity.

by
on ‎06-21-2012 11:55 AM

gareee

If they're gonna have to ship the kits to the stores anyway it wouldn't be effecient to consistantly have to send just a few of them per week. Having 1 large shipment come at once & restocks based on demand. There should be 4-6 months leadway with the expiration dates too. Also, with gas being high it would be a hassle for some to make 2 trips just for something they could have on the 1st.

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums. Please review floated posts and solutions posted, as this may assist you in answering your concerns. Due to the current high traffic on our boards, it's taking us a bit longer to respond to everyone. For more immediate assistance, please contact us at (888) 237-8289. We do not have any information as to when more PS5 or Xbox Series X/S consoles will be available.
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels