Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

Edit reviews

by on ‎03-25-2013 08:19 AM

Not a new idea, I'm surebut I'd like to be able to revise reviews on my purchases.  The time allowed to post them is too short to really get to know the products before reviewing in the first place.  Bruce

At this time we will not be allowing customers to edit their reviews after the fact

Comments
by
on ‎09-12-2019 08:56 AM

It is my understanding that Best Buy does not allow customers to change or edit reviews based on actual use of a product because it might cause a problem with the "integrity of the system". I'm going to have to call Best Buy out on that answer because I have tried to submit a negative review on a product that I purchased and my reveiw was blocked. There were no inflamatory remarks or bad language so apparently Best Buy simply did not like my review. My review was accurate and descriptive of the issue I had with the product and it was demonstrably true. How can a company claim to want to keep the integrity of a system intact while at the same time blocking true and accurate reviews simply because they are negative? How can we as customers trust a company that says one thing and then actively does the opposite? There is no way you can both claim to want to have the highest stanadard of integrity while also blocking anything negative said about a product. I presume negative reviews are blocked on this specific product becuase Best Buy has made a deal with the manufacturer. If what I'm saying is not clear, it is my assertion that Best Buy gets paid off to block unflattering reveiws and allow only 4 and 5 star reviews. As such, the integrity of the review system should not be used as an excuse to prohibit customers from making their reviews MORE ACCURATE via editing or additions (the way so many other companies allow). I tried on two different occasions to leave an accurate and verifiably true review for a product I purchased at Best Buy only to have it treated like it was never even submitted. My assumption is that reviews are blocked this way so it's not noticed that it was never posted. 

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums.

Please review posts and solutions posted, as this may assist you in answering your questions.

For further help please visit Best Buy Support.
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels