Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

Bring BestBuy.com back to Discover Card's Discover Deals

by on ‎08-06-2015 04:33 AM
Best Buy is no longer found with the likes of Apple.com, GameStop.com, and TigerDirect.com in Discover's cashback bonus portal for their card members. The portal, called Discover Deals, lets customers be referred to partner sites and in exchange for using the stores linked, the customer will get 5% Cashback bonus or more, rather than the standard 1%. BestBuy.com was part of this for years, offering the common 5% incentive as Apple.com and GameStop.com still offer.

It was a great system that got me buying lots more from Best Buy, but while the other companies have stayed, Best Buy backed out. Please bring it back to the Discover Deals portal alongside its sensible competitors.

@CannonO, Thanks for letting us know.

Comments
by
on ‎03-03-2016 11:01 AM

Yep.  Gone again, I think it's an issue with the Discover site though maybe?  Because some of the other retailers that are suppose to always be on there are missing as well.

by
on ‎03-03-2016 01:17 PM
Hope it's a mistake. I just used it a couple weeks ago.
by
on ‎03-04-2016 01:11 AM

I chatted with one rep from Discover, and they told me it was an intended change.  She said there is no time frame for it returning if at all. 

by
on ‎03-04-2016 07:38 AM

Ah, well get it back in there bestbuy!

by
on ‎03-06-2016 04:56 PM

I'm pretty upset that recently BestBuy.com was removed (yet again) from Discover Deals.  I buy a lot of tech every year, and I have purchased a fair amount from BestBuy, as I have been a BestBuy Elite Member for the last few years (which means I spent at least $1,500+ every year at Best Buy).  A good amount of times, the reason I get something from BestBuy.com compared to purchasing elsewhere is because of the 5% Cashback I get from Discover.  In fact, I use my Discover card 99% of the time when I make purchases at Best Buy.  Discover's move to take away the BestBuy.com 5% Cashback offer will have me looking other places to purchase my tech, in addition to using my other credit cards, as there is much less incentive to continue shopping at Best Buy and using my Discover card for my tech purchases.  This really hurts both BestBuy and Discover, so I hope they reconsider their decision to remove it and bring it back soon.

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums. Please review floated posts and solutions posted, as this may assist you in answering your concerns. For more immediate assistance, please contact us at (888) 237-8289. We do not have any information as to when more PS5 or Xbox Series X/S consoles will be available.
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels