Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

Better rewards program

by on ‎01-22-2016 04:32 PM

A rewards program that is actually worth something.  The rewards expire in like 60 days.  I just had a $60 rewards certificate expire.  It's crazy.  Most rewards programs I have don't have an expiration period of less than a year.  It makes me not want the credit card and not want to shop at Best Buy.  Anything Ican get at Best Buy can be bought for the same price or cheaper on amazon.  So, it would be nice to at least have a rewards program that made me want to shop at Best Buy.  It actually is more frustrating than not having a rewards program at all.  Most things I purchase there are larger ticket items, so what is the point of getting a $10 rewards certificate that expires in 60 days?  Maybe that's part of why Amazon's stock was at $171 5 years ago and now is at $596 and Best Buy's went from $34 to $27 over the same period.

Thanks for your thoughts on our My Best Buy program. Would anyone else have any thoughts on this idea? I should point out that we do match lower prices found on Amazon. Make sure you vote for an idea if you like it.

Comments
by Valued Contributor
on ‎02-03-2017 11:43 PM

Hey @NJStealth,

If you're a Core (regular) My Best Buy member, you receive 0.5 points per dollar spent until you reach Elite status; so $349.99 x 0.5 will equal out to ~174 points.  You can read more about the differences in membership levels and the points structure here

-Sam

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums. Please review floated posts and solutions posted, as this may assist you in answering your concerns. For more immediate assistance, please contact us at (888) 237-8289. We do not have any information as to when more PS5 or Xbox Series X/S consoles will be available.
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels