Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

Better rewards program

by on ‎01-22-2016 04:32 PM

A rewards program that is actually worth something.  The rewards expire in like 60 days.  I just had a $60 rewards certificate expire.  It's crazy.  Most rewards programs I have don't have an expiration period of less than a year.  It makes me not want the credit card and not want to shop at Best Buy.  Anything Ican get at Best Buy can be bought for the same price or cheaper on amazon.  So, it would be nice to at least have a rewards program that made me want to shop at Best Buy.  It actually is more frustrating than not having a rewards program at all.  Most things I purchase there are larger ticket items, so what is the point of getting a $10 rewards certificate that expires in 60 days?  Maybe that's part of why Amazon's stock was at $171 5 years ago and now is at $596 and Best Buy's went from $34 to $27 over the same period.

Thanks for your thoughts on our My Best Buy program. Would anyone else have any thoughts on this idea? I should point out that we do match lower prices found on Amazon. Make sure you vote for an idea if you like it.

Comments
by
on ‎01-29-2016 08:21 PM
@bobberuchi The last time I checked Best Buy(like Amazon, Target, etc, etc) is a faceless, soulless corporation whose sole purpose is to make their stockholers and higher ups money via profit. That's the ONLY thing they care about. So to defend their 'honor' from besmirching by the unwashed masses is pretty darn laughable.
by
on ‎02-01-2016 12:09 PM

Incidentally, none of the rewards that I mentioned have expiration dates but are contingent upon being in good standing with your account. So in a manner of speaking, there IS an expiration date, but only when you close your account...or mismanage your finances

The point of my response in the post initially, however, was about how being able to use your points the way you want and when you want would go a long way toward making this program more successful. Having expiration dates on rewards only makes the consumer feel as though they are being pressured into making a purchase. Is it a great marketing tactic to get bodies in the store? Sure. But ultimately, if the consumer doesn't feel like they're in a no-pressure situation, then they're going to feel said pressure towards having to buy something lest they lose their "rewards".

I'm only proposing that the program should allow for consumers to accumulate points and then use them when they want for what they want. Sometimes it's just to take the "edge" off of a larger-ticket item, sometimes it's just to pick up a free movie. Whatever the choice, the consumer has the option and flexibility of using their rewards when and how, and not according to a timeline as dictated to them by terms that, let's be real here, are probably not read by many consumers...yours truly included (which I'll own up to, not having read all of it. But really, who does?)

A little latitude is all I'd like.

by
on ‎02-01-2016 05:46 PM
It wasn't bad when you're a Silver member or whatever it's called now. Thw one where you have to have spent so much at Best Buy. That way you could bank points. I think Best Buy should allow points to be banked for all members. Also saw an article via Bing that Circuit City is gonna be coming back. The funny thing is the BesBuy I normally go to was a CircuitCity before they closed back in 2007/2008.
by
on ‎02-02-2016 03:12 PM
@richmoral : The thing with this resurrection of Circuit City is that it's going to be more like a 'boutique' type of store. It's not going to be a huge big box variety store. According to the article(s) I read it's going to be aimed more at the "millenial" crowd. The ONLY reason I ever used to go to CC was for clearance and that $20 gc promo if they didn't have games in stock that were supposed to release THAT week. I paid for my Black Friday purchases the one year with 2-3 of those that they gave me during the month prior because they couldn't seem to get anything in stock on time. lol
by
on ‎02-02-2016 03:20 PM

I also used to go to CC for clearance games. Sometimes you'd find the occasional treasure, sometimes you'd find crap. I bought Death by Degrees for PS2 there for $1 I-kid-you-not. I miss perusing their stock though because every once in a while, you'd see something there that you couldn't find anywhere else and sometimes their clearance prices would be well worth the visit anyway. Interesting that it's coming back as a boutique-type store though...makes me curious as to what sort of items you can find there.

by
on ‎02-02-2016 10:45 PM
I remember seeing a LOT of copies of Castlevania: SOTN(ugly neon green GH packaging though) for $5 or less at CC a few years before their demise. But with the way the 'new' stores will be set up I imagine it's going to be like walking into a dedicated wireless carrier type store. People will be like a bug up your backside and pushing to sell, sell, sell. I'm definitely a 'browser' more than a buyer most times now. lol So that would irk me to no end, like the Direct TV guys hounding me at BB about my current service.
by
on ‎12-19-2016 09:39 PM
Why does it take 2 weeks to receive the points? A day delay is still acceptable but 2-3 weeks is a very long period to wait Smiley Happy
by Emerging Expert
on ‎12-20-2016 07:14 AM

Itsraaghav It takes that long to receive your points because people would buy something expensive and get the points. Spend the points and then return the expensive item.

It makes very smart sense to not award the points until after the return period expires.

by
on ‎12-20-2016 10:06 PM
Thank you for your response and definately that is a area of concern. However why not reduce the refund If the product is returned? I assume returns are around 10% and to avoid that making the remaining 90% wait in my opinion is not fair. Again i am purely talking from my purchases. I wanted to use my points to buy something during christmas but i am still waiting for my points to show up Smiley Happy. I guess there are definately pros and cons on both sides.
by
on ‎02-03-2017 03:31 PM

I was just looking at my points history and i purchased a bose headset that was 350 dollars and I only got 174 points for this.. Why is that?

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums. Please review floated posts and solutions posted, as this may assist you in answering your concerns. For more immediate assistance, please contact us at (888) 237-8289. We do not have any information as to when more PS5 or Xbox Series X/S consoles will be available.
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels