Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

BLACK FRIDAY

by on ‎11-12-2013 08:41 AM

It's a real shame that I won't be spending any christmas dollars at Best Buy this year, unlike years before. Since you guys chose to create a choice between ruining Thanksgiving Day or completely missing out on the best deals, I will be doing my electronics shopping online.

If you want my dollars to return to your stores, then you need to return Black Friday to FRIDAY!

Comments
by
on ‎11-15-2013 12:26 PM

Some of you are missing the point.

As everyone knows, on Black Friday there are limited quantities of the best deals, so you must get there before the doors open to have a shot at them. By opening up on Thanksgiving Day, Best Buy is forcing consumers to choose between getting the best deals and spending the holiday with their families.

Given that choice, I choose family.

For denying me access to the top deals, I choose not to spend my x-mas dollars at Best Buy.

It sucks for Best Buy emolyees as well, but my primary point is that they are ruining either Thanksgiving Day or Black Friday shopping for many customers.

by
on ‎11-15-2013 07:55 PM

To Whom it may concern:

I am a consumer.  I love shopping.  This time of year I love to get the best deals for the ones that I love.  I love and support brick and mortar stores, and purposefully make my purchases from retail stores rather than using online options such as Amazon.  I value the employee interaction.  I like to have an it guy, a smart friend, someone that knows me and my needs, and takes care of me from start to finish.  This smart friend is able to meet my need because they talk to me, find out about me, and suggest products that I would not have known to purchase on my own.   I value these special employees that make all the difference in my shopping experience.  I however, do not like to see these wonderful employees forced to work on holidays such as Thanksgiving.  I am one of many that will be strategically making my purchases at locations not opened on Thanksgiving.  Although I love shopping at specialty stores, this year I will be making a lot of my purchases at places like Costco and Nordstom – retailers that will not have their doors open on Thanksgiving.  I am prepared to alter my Christmas list to in order to partner with the stores displaying family values.  For purchases that I cannot find at a store with closed doors on this family holiday, I will do something I swore I would never do.  I’m doing that shopping online.  Another thing to thing about: most of the purchases made during the holiday season are for family members or other loved ones.  Give back the family time.  Let’s talk about some things which seem obvious.  Thanksgiving is a great time to rekindle that family bond.  Purchases are usually made with an emotional tie.  Without Thanksgiving, your 4th quarter sales will drop.  By cutting into the holiday, you are cutting in to your sales that are driven by emotion.  You are taking away family moments which not only publicly labels your company as a Scrouge, but it also kills the motivation to make the purchase in the first place.  You just took another step in the wrong direction.  YOU are telling your consumers these family holidays are to be taken lightly.  They are not sacred to either your employees or your consumer, and in that case, why even celebrate.  Eventually Thanksgiving will just be any other day, there will be no reason to celebrate a winter holiday, and Black Friday will turn into Red Friday.  I like the thousands out there have joined Facebook groups against this behavior, and have been promoting stores that are not open through my social media.  Without the hoidays, you won’t have a 4th Quarter, and without a 4th quarter…  We all know where that leads.

-Leah Holcomb – shopaholic – mother – family shopper – money spender – decision maker – gift wrapper – family valuer – emotional spender – social media influencer

by
on ‎11-17-2013 10:01 AM

Holidays are not what they used to be. My family will be shopping and I will have the bird all to myself. Where is the family on Thanks Giving Day? At best buy lines and other money hungry retailers. I am an elite plus member and I am also disappointed that elite members will be able to eat the same size slice of Pie without paying for it fully like I did. I choose BestBuy over other retailers hoping that my Elite Plus membership will someday come in handy Not just a 45 day return policy. I have gone to the PRIVATE 7-10 pm. sales for elite and elite plus and trust me NOTHING good there.

Thanksgiving should be  for EVERYONE but necessary professionals which should be highly compensated and recognized to work on this date. People in Military, Medical Field, Law Enforcement, Fireman and so on Etc.. God Bless you and thank you.

WE NEED THANKSGIVING DAY BACK OR TAKE IT OUT OF THE CALENDAR  AND NAME IT BLACK FRIDAY ON THURSDAY. IT IS ALL GONE AND MESSED WITH.

by
on ‎11-17-2013 09:40 PM

Here's what holidays have resulted to in most retailers (having a lot of friends in retail that are opened for round the clock Thanksgiving to Black Friday events):

With very little exception, you have to work Black Friday (including whatever time Black Friday has seeped into Thanksgiving). Sure, they (meaning retail stores in general) will try to staff the store with volunteers as for the Thanksgiving hours into Friday morning, but that doesn't work a good amount of the time. Therefore, they dangle that Thanksgiving shifts pay time and a half, and some people go for it. Many people don't. Therefore, those that don't sign up for a shift get slotted into whatever's left after those volunteers. But wait! You also have to set up the store. Many stores close at 9 pm or so Wednesday but there's a huge shipment of goods to get on the floor. Therefore, employees even working closing shifts on Wednesday will probably work into 1 or 2 am on Thanksgiving due to required setup. Also, BF has morphed into a 25-41 hour shopping event at most stores. Even at those stores opening at 8 pm, an additional shift of people would need to come in at 3 or 4 am to relieve those who opened the store on Thanksgiving night, and those who "opened" the store would need to come back in around noon. And those who worked the "morning" might be needed for a 5 pm shift on Friday (which in case they probably relieved someone who got a shorter opening shift).

I will not be giving Best Buy, or any other store offering these crazy sales events my business. There's enough businesses to spend my hard earned dollars at that offer competitive prices that don't do these sales, like Costco and TJ Maxx.

by
on ‎11-18-2013 10:30 AM

Kudos to you Leah on this.   I agree with you wholeheartedly.  Holidays should be about family.  Hurting the bottom line is the only way corporation will listen.

by
on ‎11-18-2013 10:44 AM

Don't open on Thanksgiving.

by
on ‎11-18-2013 10:48 AM

Thanks you for such a great comment. I am one of those BB employees that has to work on Thanksgiving. It sucks to know that I am working for a company that cares more about their bottom line then their employees and their families. What makes it worse, is that my managers know that I've lost several family members lately and that my other half and I travel for the holidays and yet I'm still scheduled to work that day. When confronted with my dilemma all I get is "You're a full timer" from my supervisor. Please folks, spend your money else where, or wait until Friday to shop. Don't support this trend. Remember, we have families to. 

by
on ‎11-18-2013 08:57 PM

@AwBrown. I do work for Best Buy. They WERE going to be attendence volentary. I checked my schedule today, I'm working 5pm-4AM. No one bothered to ask me if I had plans. My other half and I don't have family close by, so we have to travel 1 1/2 plus hours to get to our loved ones. Then I have to work 1-10 on black friday. 

by
on ‎11-18-2013 09:02 PM
by
on ‎11-18-2013 10:40 PM

Y'all vote this up and maybe we can actually get an official response from Best Buy.

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums. Please review floated posts and solutions posted, as this may assist you in answering your concerns. For more immediate assistance, please contact us at (888) 237-8289. We do not have any information as to when more PS5 or Xbox Series X/S consoles will be available.
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels