Add Product

Search Results:

By submitting an idea to IdeaX, you agree to our Terms & Conditions.    

Allowing @Gamer Coupons to be used online

by on ‎03-03-2012 12:22 AM

I've noticed that there's been a large focus on used games & there's been several @gamer coupons for used games that have resulted in good deals. But the problem for many is that their local stores don't have a large selection of used games which makes the coupons "useless". Also, when there's deals like buy 2 get 1 free on all used games or buy any used game $30 or more get a free Unlocked membership these are also not enticing if there's little to no game to buy. BestBuy is new to the used game market but if your gonna compete with Gamestop in their backyard you gotta provide the same services.

@htz, thanks for pointing this out. It is correct that the coupons in the March 2013 issue can be used online. Thanks for all the input on this idea!
Comments
by
on ‎03-09-2012 11:02 PM

The closest Best Buy to me is over an hour away and as much as I'd like to see one open up closer to me, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I frequent CAG and because of that, I often get extremely envious/jealous at some of the deals that the @Gamer magazine brings. It saddens me that in order to get in on these deals, I have to drive over an hour and hope that that one Best Buy has what I want in stock. I realize I can just check the store locator, but you never really know. Not only that, but with gas as expensive as it is, sometimes I can't justify buying that much no matter how insane of a deal it is. By the time the price gas is factored in, the deal doesn't seem so sweet.

I don't always want to drive that far, but I literally have no other option. I'm sure a few helpful CAGs would be willing to pick up a game or two and send it + shipping costs and all that, but once again, once that's factored in, it's more work than what the deal is worth. Being able to use the @Gamer coupons would solve my frustrations, at least for the most part. No longer would I be envious that I can't get in on these deals and I would more than happily pay the yearly fee to be an Unlocked member. 

It'd open mine and many more's options up and overall provide a better experience for everyone involved.

by
on ‎03-09-2012 11:14 PM
I didn't think of this, but you could limit online coupon use to Gamer Club Unlocked members only. This way you could create digital coupons and not have to worry about 1 person making 10 free RZ account to abuse the coupons.
by
on ‎03-11-2012 12:06 AM

Jimmienomam is right.  The coupon needs to somehow be made exclusive to GCU members by having individual codes or something.

by
on ‎03-11-2012 02:47 PM
To elaborate more on my last post, it would basically be a type of RZ silver. Supposed special deals to only RZGCU in the form of being able to use the coupons online. I know that you are not in the business of seclusion people so I realize that this could come with some backlash. So what I am proposing is that you allow GCU members only to be able to use the coupons online, but allow the physical coupons to be able to be used in store as they are now. This allows GCU members to get the items they want if the local store is sold out or doesn't carry them. this gives a true "bonus" for subscribing to GCU. You could easily make it so either you have to sign in with a GCU account (and subsequantly limit coupon use to 1 per GCU membership) or send out unique digital coupons to each GCU. This may be a moot point as Kyle announced that you can sign up for digital copies of @gamer which include coupons, but I am just concerned about the second it goes live on great deals you will get a massive swarm of orders. Basically BF sales all over again with cancellations, irate customers and lost business.
by
on ‎03-12-2012 04:13 PM

I would also like to see the opportunity to allow GCU members to use these coupons online. My local Best Buy (Mankato, MN) has maybe 20 different games for each the PS3 and 360. Both sets of games are extremely old or there are 10 copies of one game and none of way too many other games I find on the website easily. If we could use the $10 off a used game online, I would defnitely take advantage and use my coupon. Please consider making this  available to GCU members!

by
on ‎04-01-2012 05:55 PM

The @Gamer coupons should be allowed ONLINE. I was trying to find Dead Island for PS3 and could not find it in atleast 4 Best Buy stores (probably the hoarders came in and took everything when the price dropped).

So despite me having a valid coupon, I cannot use it now since the store rep told me that he cannot apply the coupon to the "ship to store" option.

If the Coupons are allowed online, it would level the playing field and most likely increase sales for Best Buy as well.

by
on ‎04-02-2012 11:40 AM

Yes! Enabling coupons to be used online would make a world of difference for me.

There are simply not enough used games in stores. Most of what I see is shovelware or multiple copies of games that aren't really wanted. In addition, they're tossed into giant bins where you have to dig through them to have any decent chance to find something you'd want.

by
on ‎04-02-2012 09:43 PM

I will echo the comments about online usage of the coupons. My store had 10 copies of used Prince of Persia and not much else.

by
on ‎04-03-2012 11:58 AM

I agree 100% that we should be allowed to use @gamer coupons online. Most of the games offered in store aren't available in store. This would eliminate the need to return/rebuy games online in order for me to use the coupons.

by
on ‎04-04-2012 09:48 AM

Please allow coupons to work online. It would greatly benefit my selection of games to choose from online. I appreciate the great sales that you guys have them offering us. I can confidently say that i'd rather buy games from Bestbuy than anywhere else. I only have one Bestbuy store near me and if the games or out of stock, I have no where else to go. Using the coupons online would only enhance the gamers unlocked experience. Thank you in advance.

Join the Community
Join the community and enjoy all the benefits! You may be our next expert!
Join Sign In
Announcements
Welcome to our Best Buy Community Forums. Due to high incoming post volume, our current response time is 7-8 days. Please review floated posts and solutions posted, as this may assist you in answering your concerns. For more immediate assistance, please contact us at (888) 237-8289. We do not have any information as to when more PS5 or Xbox Series X/S pre-orders will be available.
Labels