Add Product

Search Results:

Routines with the Google Assistant

Just a quick review on how good routines are.

I have a routines that is set up for when I go to bed and when I wake up. Telling me the weather for the day/tomorrow, setting up the lights, music in the background, things I have for tomorrow and etc. I used to only use the Google Home for the routines but when Lenovo Smart  Display came out, I decided to cop that. The routines work so much better with the display, and you get to play videos and stuff. The weather feature is totally awesome, works just like an online weather calendar. I am currently looking for other products that I can integrate with the GA and set it up as a routine. Like a coffee machine, so when I wake up it will automatically make coffee for me when I wake up. Any suggestions on good coffee machine or other products I should get and connect it with the assistant?

Best Buy Employee
Best Buy Employee

Re: Routines with the Google Assistant

I don't have a recommendation for a specific brewer, but I do know that even if you find one you like that doesn't have this feature built in, there's still hope for the automation of your dreams (or when you're not dreaming, it would seem). As long as you can find one that will automatically start brewing as soon as its turned on, you can use a WiFi switch to turn it on and off at the outlet. I personally have two, a WEMO Insight Plug and a WEMO Mini WiFi Smart Plug. Best Buy carries several different versions from different brands.

On a side note, if you haven't tried making your own cold brew, you totally should! It's all I drink these days.

-TyC

Although I am a Best Buy employee, my posts contain my personal opinion and do not reflect the views of Best Buy.
Trusted Contributor

There are a few coffee makers available 

Smarter Coffee

I don't have one.  I do have one with a timer however, that I have set to start brewing 2 minutes before my alarm goes off.  I do it that way so I can listen for it as I walk to the bathroom so I know it is going. 

Personally I have been through a number of coffee makers and I have been the most happy with Mr. Coffee brand

I am going to jump on you idea and start getting the morning weather report when I am getting ready.  

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

@TyC wrote:

I don't have a recommendation for a specific brewer, but I do know that even if you find one you like that doesn't have this feature built in, there's still hope for the automation of your dreams (or when you're not dreaming, it would seem). As long as you can find one that will automatically start brewing as soon as its turned on, you can use a WiFi switch to turn it on and off at the outlet. I personally have two, a WEMO Insight Plug and a WEMO Mini WiFi Smart Plug. Best Buy carries several different versions from different brands.

On a side note, if you haven't tried making your own cold brew, you totally should! It's all I drink these days.

Okay, what if I added a smart switch for it? IDK still thinking on what to get. Making my own cold brew would be too much work even if it tastes better. Don't usually have a fresh morning, so wouldn't even have the effort to make one haha

Best Buy Employee
Best Buy Employee

That's the beauty of cold brew! I make a batch and it lasts me a few weeks. All I gotta do is the morning is grab it and pour a glass Smiley Happy
-TyC

Although I am a Best Buy employee, my posts contain my personal opinion and do not reflect the views of Best Buy.