Add Product

Search Results:

Refrigerators - will they remove existing refrigerator

Can someone tell me if Best Buy would remove an existing refrigerator at no charge if you purchased a new one from them?

Recognized Member

Re: Refrigerators - will they remove existing refrigerator

They will take it away and recycle it for you but to my understanding they will not disconnect it from any water source for you, but always ask.

_______
de omnibus dubitandum

If they are installing a new refrigerator isn't it necessary to remove the old refrigerator from the water source??  Not sure I understand.

Recognized Member

If you read what the website says technically the bby delivery team will not unhook anything, apparently they expect the customer to do it themselves. I've talked to a couple different guys in different states about this and have gotten a few different answers.   In some markets the delivery team will unhook if it is safe to do so, others they will do it so long as it can easily be done with no damage to them, the product or the customer's home, while in other markets they will charge $10 each appliance to uninstall.  The best thing to do is go into a store and talk to a person and ask them or call the delivery guys direct and ask them.

_______
de omnibus dubitandum
Highlighted

Thanks for the clarification, I guess I "assumed" they would actually hook it up  Smiley Wink   Will make sure I know what to expect if and when I buy a refrigerator from Best Buy.