Add Product

Search Results:

LG front load washer

less than 2 years old, pump already shot in this supposed reliable front load washer. Anyone else have or know of this problem or could this have been a one time thing?

Re: LG front load washer

balldude, my machine is apparently un-repairable.  5 service visits, nearly the whole innards replaced and the machine is totally disabled- my LG washer is an expensive pile of junk

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/bb/board/message?message.uid=10215#U10215

My advice is to find a local reputable service group and ask for their opinion about the pump. If you get someone to speak candidly you will learn a lot.

Good luck to you.

thanks for the advice.
Topics: 364
Kudos: 18
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 267

This post has been moved to Manufacturer Warranties and Protection Plans under the board Customer Service for further review

Exact same thing happened to us!  After waiting a week for the geek squad guy to come out, we have to wait another week for the part.  If this is a common problem, you would think the parts would be more accessible.  He left all of the pieces of the external drain lying around and a huge puddle of water behind the machine.  The worst part by far was the fact that he cut himself while doing it and left bloody hand prints all over the machine. 

I feel your pain !!! I've been waiting for over two months to get my new LG fix !  Had three visit here but no luck yet.

I am in need of a new washer, and have really loved my Maytag front load.  I have been doing the usual research, and hoping to make

the right decision within my budget, etc.....I chose a reputable dealer to go and talk to, asked to see the LG.....and was told that they

do not sell them because they are so difficult to service!!!!  They are made in Korea, and have a difficult time getting parts.  Is this guy right? 

Thank goodness I saw all these posts!!!   I thought he was just being a "salesman".   I guess I will keep researching......Frigidaire is what

I am looking at next.  Thanks to all who post the facts for those of us searching!!!  :  )

Just an update ... after waiting for three months to get my washer fixed , the repair person finally gave up and deemed it unrepairable. They replaces the main computer board three times as well as other parts all four times they were here. The last time they were here, they just knew they had it fixed. That is until they turned it on and it died again.  I talked to a number of people at Best buy over the three months and never did I get a adequate response from them. Just basically told that I would have to wait until the washer was fixed. The last time I called, the person I spoke to said that their records showed that I had called and was rude and upset. I admit that I was frustrated with the extremely poor service but I don't believe I was ever rude.  I find it inexcusable that Best Buy expects someone to do without a washer that I paid $900.00 for and couldn't use for three months. The drycleaners will miss me, as I gave them a small fortune to do my laundry over the three months.  After they deemed it unrepairable, I was called three days later and given information and told to go to the store that  I purchased the washer from and they would replace it. I found that store people very friendly and understanding.  Just the opposite of the people at their corporate office. I don't believe I will ever buy anything at Best Buy again. It has been something of a nightmare just trying to get a washer fixed. I did find out that if you buy a extended warranty for a appliance and they have to replace it, the warranty is no longer any good and you need to buy another one for the new one.

Highlighted

3 weeks since 1st call on LG front loader...repairmain just left and declared washer unrepairable. Hope the replacement goes smoothly.