Add Product

Search Results:

Installation requirements for washer/dryer?

I'm interesting in buying a washer/gas dryer for delivery in NJ. Aside from the actual units, what else do I need to purchase to have my appliances installed by Best Buy?

I understand I need a new gas flex line for the dryer. But what else? For instance, do I need to separately purchase ...

1. Gas flex line (yes)

2. Water hoses for the washer?

3. Water hose for the steam dryer?

4. Drain hoses?

5. Exhaust duct for the dryer?

It's all so confusing to me .... thanks!

Re: Installation requirements for washer/dryer?

Oh, and what about power cords?
Topics: 364
Kudos: 18
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 267

Good morning Tarrant -

When one purchases a new washer and gas dryer there are a few things you will need. You are correct that you will need a new gas flex line.  I would recommend the one with the auto shut off valve.  You are also encouraged to replace your exhaust ducting which connects to the dryer and the venting.  

The drain hose does come with the washer, so that is not necessary.  The units also come with water hoses, however when I sold washers and dryers, I encouraged an upgrade tostainless steel hoses.  They are generally nicer than the ones supplied with the units, and able to handle more PSI than rubber hoses.  (Pounds per square inch)

I hope this helps!

Dorothy

Community Connector

Best Buy® Corporate

Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
Topics: 364
Kudos: 18
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 267

Oh! The washer comes with a power cord, as does the dryer for the ignition of the gas.  The gas lines replaces your normal 220 power line on the dryer, so no additional cords should be needed.

Thanks!

Dorothy

Community Connector

Best Buy® Corporate

Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!