Add Product

Search Results:

Electrolux Washer / Dryer

I just want to vent about the lack of product knowledge of the staff at the local Best Buy.  I purchased the Electrolux Washer /Dryer units with bases in Mediteranean Blue this past Friday.  The units were delivered on Saturday with no problems.  I arrived home on Sunday to find that the features I had purchased the units for were not on the machines I bought.  (The store only displayed the deluxe Wave Touch Models)  The salesman told me that the unit without the fancy digital display had ALL the same features of the more expensive model (with the exception of the motor)  so I decided that I did not want to risk any problems with a digital display - ever and purchased the IQ Touch instead. 

My rant...... I am now stuck with over $3000 dollars worth of appliances that do not have the features I wanted........

This salesman knew that I specifically wanted the "steam" function of the Dryer.  He did research in the Best Buy Employee area of his computer and said that the two units had identical features ... the only difference was the display.

Re: Electrolux Washer / Dryer

I would like to update this thread ....... My husband just went to the Best Buy. He explained the situation to the Return desk ... they contacted the Appliance department, they ordered the upgraded model and scheduled delivery for Wednesday (and pickup of the Mediteranean Blue set).  I was not upset in the least about the additional charges to upgrade the appliances since I was originally prepared to pay them in the first place.  

I have to say that all the nightmares I have been reading about did not happen to me in this case. 

I would like to say thanks to the Frisco Best Buy location for making the exchange easy and convienent.  ( I will send the Manager a nice letter later this week!)

Topics: 364
Kudos: 18
Blog Posts: 8
Solutions: 267

Hello Storm -

I am glad to hear that your appliance story had a happy ending!  Thank you so much for updating us on this!  You will have to come back and give me feedback on the steam function of your dryer.  I have heard wonderful things about it!

Regards,

Dorothy

Community Connector

Best Buy® Corporate

Dorothy|Social Media Supervisor | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!

I just hate that I have to wait until Wednesday to give it a try (really could have used it this morning)

I will update (in a new thread)  my thoughts about this washer / dryer combo ....

Always ncie to see a happy ending.  Especially considering this was a $3k purchase Smiley Happysmile