Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

iphone purchase with a gift card

are you able to purchase the iphone 5 with a best buy gift card or are their restrictions on that?

Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: iphone purchase with a gift card

@bigbadbrad wrote:

are you able to purchase the iphone 5 with a best buy gift card or are their restrictions on that?

you can use our gift cards on ANYTHING except for buying another gift card, and as always the gift cards do not expire. This also applies to store credits as well. (yellow cards)

I am a member of leadership at a Best Buy store. I deal directly with the Customer Service aspect of the business. Customer satisfaction is my #1 priority. All posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the official views of Best Buy, unless otherwise stated.
Highlighted

awesome, thanx!

Highlighted

Don't know about Worst Buy, but last year when I bought my iPhone 4s at the Shack, I was asked to pay at least $1.00 on a credit card and use gift cards for the balance.

When I quizzed them about it, I was informed that a lot of people sign up for contracts to get the phone at a subsidized price and quit paying their bills. So, AT&T had requested them to do this to protect themselves.

A couple of years ago, when the 3Gs first dropped to 'free with a 2 year contract' people started using the loophole and eventually AT&T raised the price to $1 or less that had to be charged to a credit card.