Add Product

Search Results:

Re: iPhone X without contract

Bobberuchi, Best Buy does not sell unlocked iPhone 7 and above. We stopped after iPhone 6S. Technically they’re all called Universal. However, 6S and older model behaves different than iPhone 7 and above as these new models has different restrictions applied. We noticed these change when iPhone 7 came out. These Universal model are designed for activation purpose. But it doesn’t stop us from being able to sell it outright if Customer wish to buy them without carrier financing. However, can only be used in major US carriers. Keep in mind, first SIM card inserted universal iPhone, it will lock to that carrier immediately. Especially cricket. That’s why we have this model so that way when we sell them with activation, it will properly lock to specific carrier as carrier has no control of our version of iPhone. Our iPhone model needs to be locked by SIM card without needing carrier to lock it.
---Please be advised that while I am an employee of Best Buy, I am here on my own time just like yourself. I am here simply to offer insight and information from a regular employee point of view. My comments are my own and not representative of Best Buy Co., Inc. I AM NOT A FORUM MODERATOR; therefore, I cannot look in to order/account information. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you in order to speed up the answer queue for other customers.---

Thanks.  I was hoping to buy from Best Buy so I can get the points

Do it! (: just keep in mind that your iPhone will lock to Cricket when putting SIM card in it.
---Please be advised that while I am an employee of Best Buy, I am here on my own time just like yourself. I am here simply to offer insight and information from a regular employee point of view. My comments are my own and not representative of Best Buy Co., Inc. I AM NOT A FORUM MODERATOR; therefore, I cannot look in to order/account information. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you in order to speed up the answer queue for other customers.---
Trusted Contributor

They may be pre-owned but they are unlocked.  

Capture.PNG

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

That is something we can’t sell in store. It’s BestBuy.com only and preordered. But we don’t sell new model as unlocked

Niether carry gives me the option to buy out.

Trusted Contributor

Well no they just do not sell the X unlocked. 

You may have to buy direct from Apple.  Then go find a carrier to use it on.

Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query. I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own.

You can buy it outright in store. They don’t allow it online.

Buy an iPhone in full without contract?

Can I buy the phone without the monthly payments and all? Bestbuy.com doesn’t have that option.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Buy an iPhone in full without contract?

My strong suspecion is the carriers and or apple does not want best buy to allow full payment on a phone.