Add Product

Search Results:

iPhone 5s

Good afternoon , last month ordered a information for you about my unlocked iPhone 5s , which bought last year with you and stopped working in Brazil recently, no operator works just the money. My friend is going to Las Vegas this week and will take both my machine , as the invoice to try to make the change because I still have appliance guarantee that bought this store and belongs to verizon . The only doubt is whether my friend with my invoice managed exchange or need some more document and whether it should go at bestbuy or you can go at any apple store ! thank you. English Sorry , I am using the translator !
Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Re: iPhone 5s

Hello,

I have been looking over your previous posts and it looks like you bought an iPhone. 

Phones that are bought in the USA are primarily for use in the USA and will not work without a carrier plan first and a roaming subscription. If you attempt to use the phone elsewhere it must be unlocked, but only if it's compatible with the carrier. Also a phone cannot be unlocked unless certain conditions are met. I believe the phone may have to be in service for X amount of months and the account in good standing before unlocking can be requested. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

ok , may be it then , but I bought it unlocked and for use in another country , no plan and with full price before buying informed the seller that it would use in Brazil. Then she will be able to take the store that you will make the necessary providences right ?
Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

When you buy them unlocked, they are only for use with carriers in the USA from what I've seen on many of the unlocked iPhone pages that Best Buy lists. Unless there is something else I missed and you believe you may be able to use it in your country, I would wait to see if someone else has something they can add to this discussion about this issue.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

it is always bought my iphones unlocked at best buy , from 4 to 5 seconds , never had problem with that , so the 5s that after eight months of use in Brazil , decided to work whenever , rarely , hope she can solve this problmea , called up at Apple and they showed me the same thing, go into a store in the USA , to resolve , so wonder if my friend with the invoice will be able to solve it for me !
Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

Hi arele,

I'm a little bit concerned that your iPhone 5S you purchased unlocked is not working in the country you're currently in. I'd like to see if I can help somehow.

Would you be able to provide me with the model number of the iPhone 5S you are using? This is generally on the back of the phone or in the settings and begins with an A. It would also help if you can provide me the name of the provider you're using in Brazil so I can investigate this for you.

I look forward to your reply!

-- Alex

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.

A1533 model , this model I learned by apple Brazil and USA , which not 4g works here in Brazil ... just that ... so he stopped working, is without service and back when you want ... in the invoice says It is desnloqueado and no plan .
Already delivered the machine and the invoice to my friend go in the store to solve the problem , since here so works wifi. she travels May 7

I'm also an email from Verizon that says my iphone unlocked and this perfect, the problem is the same cell
Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

I looked up the model number you provided and was able to find these spectrums. As long as your cell provider operates on one of the spectrums below you should be able to use the phone internationally.

Model A1533 (GSM)*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)

Model A1533 (CDMA)*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.

just like to know where my friend should go in the apple or the best buy , try sulucionar the problem.