Add Product

Search Results:

Highlighted

Who manufactures platinum cables?

I used to have an awesome micro usb cable made by Platinum that had an LED build into the front, around the micro port. When you touched the casing, it would light up. Genius idea. Why does nobody make something like this now? If it exists, I haven't found it. Please direct me towards it if you know of any.

In the mean time, does anyone know who manufactured those cables for best buy? Maybe I could track them down, and they still make these.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Re: Who manufactures platinum cables?

From what I can tell they are a company out of China that manufacturers multiple different small accessory products, like cables.They supply many different companies. That would be pretty awesome. I quite often plug my charger into my phone or iPad in the dark The cable your looking for I believe is called Touch on LED
I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Highlighted

Yes, touch on LED! Man I loved that cable. They also had an always on LED. You could barely see it once it was plugged into the phone, which was nice.

Do you have any info on the company? Do they still make stuff like this?

I wish I could find a USB-C of decent quality with a light like these. All the ones I've found light up the whole cable obnoxiously.
Highlighted
Emerging Expert

Sorry that is all I know.
I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.