Add Product

Search Results:

Verizon wireless upgrade ?

Hello all,

I am currently granfathered into Verizon's Nationwide 900min with unlimited data plan. I would like to keep my unlimited data plan but upgrade my phone. I was told today by a freind that spoke to a BB rep. and they infomed him that he/I could upgrade to a new phone (in this case the Samsung Note 4) and only pay the $199.99 retail price for the 2 year extention and there would be no affecting my plan. I know that this price is for the 2 year contract extention with verizon.......so, this just simply dosnt make any sence because I know know that when you extend your contract you lose your current plan, in this case my unlimited data. Please help.....is this information acurate or what. 

BTW.......I have been out of contract with Verizon for 3 years now and have been a loyal customer for over 13 years.

Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Re: Verizon wireless upgrade ?

How much data are you using? While you may be a loyal Verizon customer it might time to re-evaluate your choice in carriers and plans...........

Right now you get get unlimited talk and text plus 2.5gb of data for $60 a month on Verizon's Prepaid smartphone plan. 

I also know that there are other services that are prepaid now competing for your business as well. 

What all are you looking for? Some more details on your monthly cell phone usage would be good. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***
Topics: 1,527
Kudos: 745
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Keep in mind if you pay for a monthly plan for verizon whether or not you are on or off the plan your custom plan you are paying montly for is subject to taxes. With a prepaid plan you save on taxes as in most states prepaid cards don't have taxes on them. 

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

Thank you for the reply but i am not looking to change. I use over 20 gb a month. I do alot of DL and streaming on my phone. So again to the original question. I want my plan to stay as is.
Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

Hi angel,

Given your data usage per month, I can see why you would want to keep your unlimited data plan! As far as upgrading, if you purchase the phone at a subsizided cost (in this case, $199.99) it would extend your contract for two years requiring you to give up your unlimited data plan. The only way to keep this unlimited data plan would be to purchase the phone at the full retail cost.

I realize this may not be the answer you were looking for, but I hope this helps you in your decision!

-- Alex

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.

Thank a ton Alex! That sounds about right! Have a great day.
Recognized Member

If you have another line...you could always upgrade that line to the Note 4...then have Verizon do a switch to have the Note 4 on your unlimted plan.

How much more a month is it for another line? Would anything change with my current plan?
Recognized Member

I guess I mispoke....Looks like Verizon got rid of this loophole back in August.

Ahh.....sucks!