Add Product

Search Results:

Verizon Wireless Employee Discount

Hey I jsts had one quick question.  I work for the NYS Board of Education and I recently received an e-mail from Verizon offering me a 19% discount off my monthly bill.  I am thinking about switching to Verizon and getting the BB Tour from Best Buy.  My question is would Best Buy be able to set everything up and put the employee discount on my bill right from the store with proper identification? I will be using the phone for personal reasons, not business, andit wil be under my name.

Kudos: 156
Solutions: 236

Re: Verizon Wireless Employee Discount

I believe Verizon requires that you register your line on their website with you employee email address. That is how I had to do mine for my previous employer.

Adam

Best Buy Community - Retail, Americas

Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | Blogging Guidelines

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star under the user's name to show your thanks!

I know my previous employer offered discounts through Sprint, Verizon and ATT so check around.

Adam

Forum Guidelines | Terms & Conditions | Community Guidelines | Blogging Guidelines

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the star under the user's name to show your thanks!

Thanks guys. So i'm going to have to first go to best buy and get the phone with th contract and evrything THEN call Verizon and they'll immediatly apply the discount right?
Community Veteran

It'll take until the second billing cycle for it to be effective.

hi,

I think this  is correct that we cannot apply any employee discounts at the store, but they can all be applied after the fact through the carrier.

Thanks.

Correct, the discount must be applied by the carrier directly. Best Buy Mobile cannot apply that discount.

Adam

thanks guys

You're welcome! If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Adam