Add Product

Search Results:

Upgrading phone

My phone currently has an upgrade and I'm planning on going into Best Buy and upgrading to a 6, but my question is do I have to have my dad, or the person that pays the bill is the "head of the account" with? Or can I come in with my current phone and money and upgrade if I know the account info?
Valued Expert

Re: Upgrading phone

You will need to have the person who's name is on the account come in with you.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

Re: Upgrading phone

It depends on your carrier. Depending on who you're with (Verizon, AT&T), the account holder can make you an Authorized User/Account Manager. It's basically like a power of attorney, you're able to make changes to the account because the account holder said its okay for you to do so.

When upgrading, please make sure to have the phone number you wish to upgrade, billing ZIP code, last 4 of the Primary Account Holder's SSN #, and account password, if applicable.

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.