Add Product

Search Results:

New Member
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎11-29-2018
Accepted Solution

USB cable.

The end of the USB cable that plugs into the bottom of the phone is a micro USB end called USB-C. The other end is a larger USB port that goes into a charging device. I call it the plain end. Now my cable is just a 3 foot one. I have been looking to buy a new 6 foot cable. I'm confused! I see a cable that says USB-C to USB-A! What is a USB-A? Is that the letter they use to identify the USB-A bigger end or is it entirely different and won't fit your normal charger? In other words, what is a USB-A? Thanks
Posts: 9,028
Topics: 83
Kudos: 270
Blog Posts: 47
Solutions: 364
Registered: ‎09-29-2008

Re: USB cable.

Hey Andytheman1,


Yes USB-A is a standard USB connector that plugs into a charger or a USB-A port on a computer. If your phone charging port is a USB-C port then you need a USB-A to USB-C charging cable in the length you choose to buy. I bought a ten-foot cord and I love having it as it gives me flexibility when I want to us my phone while charging.



Allan|Senior Social Media Specialist | Best Buy® Corporate
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!
New Member
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎11-29-2018

Re: USB cable.

Thank you very much for assisting me! Now I can order a 6 or 10 footer without worrying if it would match. Thanks again!