Add Product

Search Results:

The Best Buy Customer Service Department is HORRIBLE!!!

We had seen a sales ad for FREE Pantech duo phones with a two year contract with AT&T. We are (were) current subscribers and were eligible for our upgrades since August of this year. We were not able to access the upgrade option through the AT&T Site and no one could figure out why. We attempted to upgrade through the customer service over the phone and they were not able to access the online prices that were displayed on their site which were not viewable when I logged into my account. Every phone that we came across that they offered at a reasonable price they convieniately were out of when it came time to purchase them. Being a customer for the last seven years you would think that they would be willing to work with me to keep me as a subsriber...NO! Nothing that they could do after three days of waiting and holding and transferring and reconnecting and repeat the cycle over again and again! Which leads us back to the Best Buy ad. My wife had called the 800 line for Best Buy to verify the information. It was confirmed by "Nicole" who said that with a two year contract renewal and two forms of identification that as EXISTING AT&T CUSTOMERS that we would be able to have the Pantech Duos "FREE" if we came into the West Mifflin store onClairton

Re: The Best Buy Customer Service Department is HORRIBLE!!!

Continuance...I was cut off!!! Clairton Boulevard(Route 51) near Century III Mall in Pennsylvania. "Nicole" Stated that she talked to the store manager named "Jay" who said there would be no problem to see him. Upon our arrival "Jay" was not around... you know what he does not even work there... never did!!! We were informed that the ad would not be good until tomorrow that they are currently $49.99 for NEW customers and FREE tomorrow for NEW customers. That being we were long term customers that we would have to pay $99.99 for an upgrade at any given time! Yeah VALUED CUSTOMER APPRECIATION? So much for that! My wife then called the 800 line to find out about the mislead information and what can be done. A half an hour of being on hold and and hour in the store we called the 800 line on my phone... once again HOLD! Finally someone came back on then back to hold then back on again. The other person on my phone came back on and did not like be on HOLD themselves so they hung up on my wife! What our time is not of VALUE?!?!? Upon speeking with the first representative that we waited forty-five minutes for... There was nothing that they could do for us and they were SO SORRY FOR THE INCOVENIENCE!!! It was not ther fault that their employee mislead us... even though they hired and trained them!!!!!! Well I can tell you that we will not ever be going back to ANY Best Buy ever again and that we will pass this on to all of our friends as well!!! THANK YOU... FOR NOOOOOOOOOTHING!!!
Valued Member

[ Edited ]

I am sorry about what happened. If you went to Best Buy yesterday, than he was right that the phone was not free because you had an ad for Sunday-Wednesday. You need to read the dates on the ad you are using because the Sunday ad typically gets sent out early to customers in the newspaper.

However, he was incorrect about the pricing. It is free for upgrade customers between Sunday and Wednesday. If you go back in and talk to a Best Buy Mobile associate (not customer service) you will get it for free with a two year contract. You will have to pay an $18 upgrade fee on your next bill. There is nothing Best Buy can do to waive this because we are not an AT&T store and there is no way we can waive it. 

Also, being as we are not an AT&T store we typically do not offer special "VIP" discounts to long time customers as we carry other carriers.

Message Edited by payroll on 11-23-2008 10:38 AM

I just got off the phone with customer service, I had asked them if they price matched. simple question or so I thought.  Well the lady I talked to said they only priced matched if I already bought some thing from their store,and found it some where else cheaper. well I asked her if I did then what would happen?  She flat out said that nothing would since I already bought it. so what am I to do now? Please help!

Valued Member

The policy is...

If another store that is a competitor to Best Buy has the product in stock and as long as we still make a profit it on, then we will typically match it. If you go in there and bring the print out of their ad or online to the manager you should get something matched.