Samsung Galaxy S20 | S20+ | S20 Ultra 5G FAQ
This FAQ is dynamic and will be updated frequently as information becomes available. In order to subscribe to the RSS feed for this FAQ click on the Topic Options drop-down above.
What new phones are coming out?
- Galaxy S20 5G
- Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
Samsung S20 Series Features
- Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Galaxy 5G. Share more, game harder, experience more and never miss a beat.1
1. Requires optimal 5G network connection, available in select markets. Check with your carrier for availability and details. Download and streaming speeds may vary based on content provider, server connection and other factors.
- An intelligent battery that lasts all day to power every scroll, click, call, tap, playlist and season finale.2
2. Based on average battery life under typical usage conditions. Average expected performance based on typical use. Actual battery life depends on factors such as network, features selected, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns. Results may vary.
- Superfast Charge so you get hours of power from minutes of charge.3
3. When using the included charger and cable.
- Give your buds – or your Galaxy Buds – a boost of power with Wireless PowerShare right from your Galaxy S20 5G.4
4. Works with Qi compatible Samsung devices (compatibility with non-Samsung Qi devices not guaranteed); speed and power efficiency of charge varies by device.
- Generous storage out of the box plus expandable memory means you never have to delete what’s important to you5
5. Compared to Galaxy S10. MicroSD card sold separately.
- Galaxy phones come standard with IP68-rated protection from dust, spills, and even a quick dip in the water.6
6. Water resistant in up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. Rinse residue/dry after wet.
Samsung S20 Series Camera Features
- First-of-its-kind Space Zoom, Single Take and Bright Night transform how you share your world.
- Single Take AI, allowing you to capture video and multiple types of images with one tap of the shutter button.7
7. Single Take captures images and video up to 10 seconds.
- Zoom in super close from afar and capture images with the game-changing new Space Zoom.8
8. 100x space zoom includes digital zoom, which may cause some image deterioration.
- Capture pro-grade video and dazzling photos at night without flash with Ultra Bright Night.
When will I be able to pre-order the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Series from Best Buy?
- Pre-orders began on Friday, February 21, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. ET.
Which colors of the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G will Best Buy carry?
- Choose from an array of colors including Cloud Pink, Cloud Blue, Cosmic Gray and Cosmic Black.
Which colors of the Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G will Best Buy carry?
- Choose from an array of colors including Cloud Pink, Cloud Blue, Cosmic Gray and Cosmic Black. The Galaxy S20+ 5G is also available in the Best Buy exclusive color, Aura Blue.
Which colors of the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G will Best Buy carry?
- The S20 Ultra 5G Cosmic Gray and Cosmic Black.
What memory sizes will the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G be available at Best Buy?
- All colors listed will be available in 128GB of storage with 12GB of RAM. The S20 5G does support a MicroSD up to 1TB.
What memory sizes will the Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G be available at Best Buy?
- All colors listed will be available in 128GB of storage with 12GB of RAM or 512GB of storage and 12GB of RAM. The S20+ 5G does support a MicroSD up to 1TB.
What memory sizes will the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G be available at Best Buy?
- All colors listed will be available in 128GB of storage with 12GB of RAM or 512GB of storage and 16GB of RAM. The S20 Ultra 5G does support a MicroSD up to 1TB.
On what carriers will the Samsung Galaxy S20 Series be available?
- While color and memory options availability may vary by carrier, we will be offering the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, S20+ 5G, and S20 Ultra 5G unlocked and on Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. This means at Best Buy you will have the freedom to find the perfect carrier and plan that works for your individual needs.
Will all Best Buy stores carry the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Series?
- Yes, but availability by model may be limited. Be sure to reserve yours now by pre-ordering online here or by visiting your local store.
Are all stores receiving product for launch day?
- Specific product model availability and quantities may vary by store. With a pre-order, we will be sure to let you know via e-mail once your Samsung Galaxy S20 Series is available for pickup.
What time is Best Buy opening for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Series launch?
- Most stores will open at their usual time. You should have the option to schedule an appointment to pick up your phone once you receive notification that it is available.
I never received an email notification that my Samsung Galaxy S20 Series phone is ready to be picked up on the date of release, even though I pre-ordered it?
- If you haven't received an email notification that your Samsung Galaxy S20 Series phone is ready to be picked up, please wait until you do receive that email notification before heading to your local Best Buy store to pick up your new phone.
When will Best Buy stores receive additional inventory?
- Specific model availability and quantities will vary by store. Stores will continue to receive shipments of inventory on an ongoing basis. You can check with your local stores and BestBuy.com (here) for updates on product availability.
Will the Samsung Galaxy S20 Series be available on BestBuy.com?
- It sure will! That said, make sure you pre-order as soon as possible as availability by model may vary. You can start pre-ordering right now by visiting us here.
When can I expect to receive a pre-ordered Samsung Galaxy S20 Series?
- Pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S20 Series will be filled in the order pre-orders are received as inventory arrives beginning on March 6.
Can I have the Samsung Galaxy S20 Series order on BestBuy.com shipped to my home?
- Yes, provided it is available on BestBuy.com.
Can you tell me more about the Samsung promotion that was available to those who pre-ordered through Best Buy?
- Sure thing! The promotion was that pre-order customers could get up to a $200 Samsung credit.12
- Get up to a $200 Samsung credit.12
12. 18+ & 50 US/DC/PR/USVI only. By 3/5/20, pre-order and purchase a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, S20+ 5G or S20 Ultra 5G on phone installment plan, 2-year contract plan, lease or outright purchase at full retail price (“Qualifying Purchase”), & receive a Samsung Credit either (i) $100 (Galaxy S20 5G purchases), or (ii) $150 (Galaxy S20+ 5G purchases) or (iii) $200 (Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G purchases) (“Gift”). Only available while supplies last. By 4/20/20, using your Qualifying Purchase phone, follow instructions on the Shop Samsung app (“App”) to submit required info. Gifts will be emailed approx 4–6 weeks after verification of Qualifying Purchase. Only 83,000 $100, 124,000 $150 and 69,000 $200 Samsung Credits available. Samsung Credits are valid only at www.Samsung.com or in the App for use toward an eligible purchase, and valid through 7/27/20. Gifts subject to availability and are non-transferrable. Limit 1 Gift per Qualifying Purchase. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Additional restrictions apply. Offer subject to additional terms at https://promos.samsung.com/terms/. Samsung reserves the right to modify or discontinue offer at any time by posting notice on the app or website.
SAMSUNG CREDITS REDEMPTION OFFER:
How to redeem the Samsung credits offer if you pre-ordered a Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+ 5G, or Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G:
1. Download and install the Shop Samsung app on your Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+ 5G, or Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G from the Galaxy Store or the Google Play Store.
2. Open the Shop Samsung app and tap the Menu icon on top left > select My Inbox > tap SEE IF I'M ELIGIBLE for this offer. Scan the IMEI barcode on your new phone's retail box OR copy and paste it from your device.
How to scan your retail box:
-Tap ALLOW, when prompted, to allow Shop Samsung to take pictures and record video.
-Align your retail box barcode inside the viewfinder to scan your box. If unsuccessful, tap TRY AGAIN or tap ENTER IMEI NUMBER to copy and paste your IMEI.
How to copy and paste your IMEI:
-Tap FIND THE IMEI FOR THIS PHONE and tap on the IMEI number to copy it to your clipboard.
-Tap the Shop Samsung “Menu Icon” again on top left > select “My Inbox” > paste your IMEI into the IMEI field.
4. Once your IMEI has been scanned or copied, tap VERIFY.
5. Tap OK when prompted to sign in to your Samsung Account to redeem the offer.
6. If you are eligible, you will be prompted to sign in to your Samsung account to register for the offer. or create an account.
7. Fill out the required information, tap SUBMIT and if prompted, upload receipt/proof of pre-order with your pre-order date visible by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 4/20/20.
Geek Squad® Complete Protection
- Protect your new Samsung Galaxy S20 Series against drops, spills, loss, theft and more for just $10.99 a month.*
- Learn more about Geek Squad Complete Protection here.
Total Tech Support
- The heart of Total Tech Support gives you unlimited support for all your tech and appliances, no matter where you purchased them.
- Not sure you are ready for all the new tech that the Samsung Galaxy S20 Series offers? We’ll help you use it.
- With unlimited support for all your tech and appliances, we are here in the store, over the phone and 24/7 online to answer your questions and help you use your device.
- Learn more about Total Tech Support here.
This FAQ thread is intended for questions regarding the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G. S20+ 5G, and S20 Ultra 5G. If you have concerns, please create a separate thread in the appropriate section of our forums.
This thread is subject to change at any time. For additional information as it becomes available, stay tuned to here.
For the most up to date promotions and terms and conditions please visit this link.
*Geek Squad Protection Plans must be purchased with the product, or within 15 days by visiting a store. Geek Squad Protection Plans are available at a variety of prices and coverage levels. Please refer to the actual terms and conditions for a complete description of the limitations of each offer.
© 2019 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung, and Note are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Screen images simulated. Appearance of devices may vary. All other brand, product, and service names and logos are marks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
|Vince|Social Media Specialist | Best Buy® Corporate|
Give Kudos if you like this post or Accept as Solution if it answers your query!