Add Product

Search Results:

Re: Hi, Can you differentiate between activate today and activate later when we choose unlocked

if you have a sim from your phone and use it does that mean same day with a prepaid phone
Valued Expert

Re: Hi, Can you differentiate between activate today and activate later when we choose unlocked

Personally I think the phone company's used a poor selection of title for this. Basically: Activate today means the phone comes to you with the SIM card installed. Example would be if you say have AT&T. You want to upgrade to a new phone. It gets mailed to you. It has the SIM card installed for AT&T. When you have the time you activate it. Activate Later essentially means the phone comes without a SIM card. You need to contact the provider and set up service and they will give you a SIM card to install. Then you activate your phone.
I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Topics: 1,531
Kudos: 748
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Activation Today I think applies to doing it in the store. Prepaid phones are  a different story. They come activated. However in the case of Tracfone if you have a number you are looking to port, you can do it after BBY activates your phone and you bring it home.

You may be able to accomplish this without a SIM Card change but I remember that back in the day, this was required, not so much for SIM Cards.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***