Add Product

Search Results:

Valued Expert

Phones without data plan

can you even buy a phone that does not use a data plan anymore.  I was even looking at the Basic phones and they still want you to have data.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.
Topics: 24
Kudos: 17
Solutions: 13

Re: Phones without data plan

It depends on the phone. If you're able to provide me with the link to the phones you're looking at I can double-check for you and make sure they don't require a data plan Smiley Happy

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.
Valued Expert

Any basic flip phone that is not a smartphone.  

However I suppose it is a matter of if I came into a store I would be able to get it. Does not apper to be online available.

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

Well you should be able to order some online. However for a better selection (and probably wider variety of plans, too), I would recommend checking with one of the mobile phone consultants at your local store.

If you have any questions, however, please feel free to let me know and I'll try to be of assistance Smiley Happy

I am not a Best Buy employee and cannot issue any official responses or assist directly with any issue. Any opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc., its subsidiaries, or employees. For immediate support, please call Best Buy at 1-888-237-8289 or Geek Squad at 1-800-433-5778.
Topics: 1,530
Kudos: 748
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 323

Virgin Mobile and T Mobile allow you to use Smart Phones without a data plan. You just use Wifi if you want to use the multimedia features such as Play Store, etc.

Net 10 now has unlimited for $35 and that is just for text and talk. You have to use Wifi if their phones have it in order to access the Network. 

Tracfone which is what I currently have for $80 you get 1350 talk minutes, 1350 text messages and 1350mb of Data that is good for 90 days and carries over when you add a new time card.

If you are looking for even more of a good deal you can automatically register your debit or credit card with Tracfone and get a value plan. The cheapest is $9.99 which gets you 150 minutes, 150 texts and 150mb of data that rolls over from month to month. I currently have the $29.99 a month plan which gives you 600 minutes, 600 text messages and 600mb of data.

***Please keep in mind that I am not employed by Best Buy and are just a regular forums Super User and an everyday shopper like you. If you find my posting helpful, please add kudos to it. Remember to mark answered questions as solved if something helped you to speed up the answer queue for other customers***

The Tracfone plan is actually a really good deal. Though their selection of smartphones is limited, the 90-day plans starting at $20 are some of the least expensive options available.