Add Product

Search Results:

Phone freedom mishap

I upgraded a phone on my cell plan specifically because I was registered for the best buy phone freedom program. When I upgraded the phone, I was told that I was not in the system for the phone freedom plan. I had an email confirmation so the cell phone best buy employee told me to just contact customer service and I would get the 50 dollar gift card. I took his word for it and upgraded the phone. The next day I called best buy customer service and I was told I would not get the gift card because the worker gave me referral coupons for phone upgrades. I was very surprised because that is not what I was told at all in store. Customer service refuses to help me out.

Topics: 31
Kudos: 57
Solutions: 151

Re: Phone freedom mishap

Sorry to hear there was a problem redeeming your Phone Freedom gift card! I would recommend that you get in touch with the Mobile Manager at your local store, they can work with their corporate support team to have the gift card emailed to you.

Dan K. | Former Best Buy Employee
Any opinions expressed in this post are those of
the author and do not represent Best Buy Co., Inc.

Re: Phone freedom mishap

I did that. However I was just told that because I was given the referral coupons I would not be given the phone freedom card.