Add Product

Search Results:

My carrier is verizon i want to change to google fi :)

if i am currently paying off my iphone at bestbuy, will i be able to change to google fi right now?
Valued Expert

Re: My carrier is verizon i want to change to google fi :)

If you want to switch carriers you will need to pay off the remaining balance on the phone. 

This is where it gets a little tricky.  If you got the phone at a discount through a promotion through Verizon you will have to pay it off with the discount pro-rated.

meaning if the phone should have been $30 and you got it at $20 a month, the balance needing to be paid off will be based on $30 a month because you are opting to cancel your contract early. That discount price was based on going the full term of the contract. 

put a different way.  Say the phone you got was priced at $1200 and you got it for $800 during a promotion.   If you go the full term of the contract you will have paid $800 for the phone.  If you cancel the contract half way through you will owe $600 to buy out of the contract. 

I am not an employee of Best Buy. All opinions and comments are my own.
I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.