Add Product

Search Results:

Galaxy Note 5 and wireless charger

They gave me the wireless charger when I bought my Note 5, but they don't work very well together. They cant maintain a connection together and it makes the charger essentially useless. Is there a different version of the wireless charger? One that is made for the Note 5?

Valued Expert

Re: Galaxy Note 5 and wireless charger

do you have an after market case on your Note 5?

If so take it off and try it again.

While wireless chargers are less efficient than wired chargers a new one should maintain a connection.  But a case might impede that 

I am not an employee of Best Buy and all opinions left on this forum are my own. Please leave Kudo’s if you like a post or click Accept as Solution if a post answers your query.

[ Edited ]

I had the same experience and found a post on androidcentral where someone spoke with Samsung support.  They told him that the charger for the Note 5 has not been released and they gave him (Best Buy gave you) the wrong charger. 

His post stated:

Samsung charger EPPG920IBUGUS is not the correct charger for Note 5. It will not charge my phone above 52%. According to Samsung they have a new charger for Note 5 "coming soon" model EP-PN920TBEGUS. Here is the new webpage for this product: samsung[dot]com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EP-PN920TBEGUS. Samsung has refused to send me the new charger in return for the incorrect one

The link to the androidcentral forum is below

{removed per forum guidelines}

The person posted the link below which is the correct charger which hasn't been released yet.  It appears Samsung won't be giving you an exchange when the new one comes out as there is nothing wrong with the charger.  I'm not sure what Best Buy will be doing.  It's a $70 charger.

{removed per forum guidelines}

Best Buy replied to an email I sent and they told me that these are the correct chargers.  If they don't work, I should take them back for replacements.  I had already done that for mine so that means 3 chargers weren't working.  I took both chargers back for replacements which means I am up to 5 chargers.  Last night I charged mine with a case on and my wife charged her's without a case.  Next morning both were not charged with mine at 52% and her's at 32% (so more like a discharge).  One article said to put the Note 5 into day dream mode but that did not work. 

So my conclusion is that Best Buy got a large batch of bad Samsung wireless chargers.  In other posts it appears that the black ones are bad as those with white charges say they work.  After 5 Samsung chargers I bought a Pleson charger on Amazon for $13 and it works just fine.  My wife got a Spigen charger (a little more expensive) and it is working fine.  No dream mode needed on either one.  I have a thin plastic back case which it charges through but my wife's thicker case wouldn't charge unless the case is removed.